Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For you USAC Fans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wild Bill 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject: For you USAC Fans Reply with quote

Here a book some of you might be interested in?
Billy Foster - The Victoria Flash: (Plus a walk through the history of motor racing in British Columbia)
Quote:
Billy Foster was destined to be a racing champion. Born into a family of automotive enthusiasts, from a young age he was surrounded by skilled mechanics and racers that passed through his father's commercial garage in Victoria, British Columbia. In addition to his love of hockey, he couldn't wait until he was old enough to climb into the cockpit of a racing car.Behind the wheel, Billy was a natural talent from the start. Like many other drivers who have honed their skills in the rough and tumble world of local tracks, he persisted in working his way up the racing ladder to ultimately reach the top - the hallowed ground of the Indianapolis 500.Along his journey, Billy's hard-charging driving style and outgoing personality drew legions of fans and the respect of his competitors. On the home front, he was a loving husband and a devoted father to his children.After just two full years of racing USAC Championship and Stock Cars, Billy's life was cut short in an untimely racing accident - depriving this young Canadian the opportunity to achieve his full promise in the sport of motor racing.

TonyK

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Still remember hearing the news of his death when I was a kid and was bummed about it. I enjoy books about drivers from the past. Some are really well written but I've had a few bad ones too. I'll probably have to get this one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: