Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salvino Olds chassis under a '72 Petty Plymouth

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john843

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject: Salvino Olds chassis under a '72 Petty Plymouth Reply with quote

I saw on a couple of different post's that the Salvino Olds chassis is a good fit under this particular body. I saw where Bobbytc had them paired in a couple of pics and I think Rob may have mentioned doing this in a post.
What I need to know before finishing the chassis is whether there is any significant chassis mods you had to do to get the body to set down correctly or if it's a fit built to the instructions?

Thanks,
John
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried it under that particular body but I've tried it under the MPC Petty Charger and Revell Daytona. You will need to watch the height of the underhood bars but if the body is on the chassis at the proper angle and height it appears to fit as-built. You will need to finesse the front and rear firewall to get the body to sit correctly as they're the only real locators for the body other than the body sitting on the cage. Make sure you have the chassis in the widest set of adjustment pins to achieve the longest wheelbase.

This is only based on a quick test fit with an assembled Olds chassis, which has the wheelbase too short, and a mocked up bare chassis assembled to check the wheelbase
john843

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tom, I,m doing a Lorenzen #99 and a Hamilton #6 simultaneously and using a Polar Lights Charger (with PL Ford cage) chassis on one and the Salvino Olds for the other. So far, so good!

Thanks again,
John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: