Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

'66 Buick Mod. Stocker....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Fab Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spooker

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 7:45 am    Post subject: '66 Buick Mod. Stocker.... Reply with quote

As a young teenager, I built all of the 6 original Mod. Stocker kits more than once, and the 3 later releases at least once each. All suffered horrible fates! I spent some of my adult life relocating all of them and own at least one each of all 9 originals. I couldn't resist picking up the re-issues as they were released, and this is one of them. Here are some pics of the major sub-assemblies of my '66 Buick Modified Stocker re-issue box-art build:

(Sorry for the huge pics, all the other forums I'm on re-size them automatically, and when I re-size them in Imgur, they won't transfer here. Not sure what the problem is!)

Interior, basically box-stock with parts box gauges. Engraving on the kit dash was so light as to be unusable.

Kit engine, box stock, paint detailing only.

Chassis bottom, entire chassis and suspension consists of TWO pieces! Paint detailing and resin dirt tires from Big Donkey and Fred's Resin Workshop. Left front is an old AMT Goodyear. Drilled out exhaust ends.

Removed heater box and paint detailed the firewall. kit doesn't supply a radiator so I found one in my spares, added an accordion dirt screen.

Rear and left front are kit wheels, I removed the front spindle hub from both rears.

afx

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clean work. Where did the grooved tires come from?
spooker

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

afx wrote:
Where did the grooved tires come from?

I THINK they came from Fred's resin Workshop, now out of business. I was sure at least one had come from Big Donkey but I just looked at that site and don't see any like them, altho they could just be discontinued.

Thanks for the compliment!
Firefly

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice!
Regarding image size - The Imgur controls are probably just for viewing on that site. As far as I know you'd need to reduce the original size, then upload it as its own image. I usually try to keep them 600-800 pixels on the longest side.
spooker

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See my post in The Showroom for the finished product! Thanks for looking!

Last edited by spooker on Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Gary66
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the size down a bit.

Great work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Fab Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: