Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Alan Kulwicki in NASCAR Hall of Fame

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
George Andrews

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Alan Kulwicki in NASCAR Hall of Fame Reply with quote

So nice to see Alan Kulwicki inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame tonight. Alan personified the word Perseverance, turning down a ride -- with Junior Johnson -- because he wanted to do it HIS WAY. And Alan did, with one car & 2 motors in his rookie year, with his Polish Victory Lap at Phoenix ( I was there, but missed the backwards lap in my rush to make it to Victory Circle), and Alan would also drive his " Underbird " to beat Junior's driver Bill Elliott and win the 1992 Cup Championship.
I only wish he had lived long enough to really enjoy his time as Champion, as his career was cut short by that damned plane crash near Bristol -- April 1st, 1993. Crying or Very sad Nostrovia, Sthoddie...
CJ44

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second that!

George, are you perhaps related to Alan's crew chief Paul Andrews?
Henryjint

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Alan Kulwicki in NASCAR Hall of Fame Reply with quote

George Andrews wrote:
So nice to see Alan Kulwicki inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame tonight. Alan personified the word Perseverance, turning down a ride -- with Junior Johnson -- because he wanted to do it HIS WAY. And Alan did, with one car & 2 motors in his rookie year, with his Polish Victory Lap at Phoenix ( I was there, but missed the backwards lap in my rush to make it to Victory Circle), and Alan would also drive his " Underbird " to beat Junior's driver Bill Elliott and win the 1992 Cup Championship.
I only wish he had lived long enough to really enjoy his time as Champion, as his career was cut short by that damned plane crash near Bristol -- April 1st, 1993. Crying or Very sad Nostrovia, Sthoddie...

I'll third that!
Was glad that I was able to see him run that summer in the Pepsi 400 at Daytona.
George Andrews

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CJ44 wrote:
I'll second that!

George, are you perhaps related to Alan's crew chief Paul Andrews?

No, I'm not related. Thanks for asking though. I was friends with one of Alan's volunteer crewmen for that 1st win at Phoenix, which BTW was also the 1st Cup race at Phoenix.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: