Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dodge Daytona questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
33fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:06 pm    Post subject: Dodge Daytona questions Reply with quote

I have a few questions:

1) On Ray Elders Daytona, I can make out the word "Dodge" on the B-pillar, but there is a word above it. Does anyone know what it is?

2) Also on Elder's car, there is a white stripe on the wing with an insignia. Anyone know what it is?

3) How many Daytonas ran in the '69 National 500 and are the pictures of those cars as raced?

Thanks for your help!!!
George Andrews

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possible Answer to question 1) Racing Farmers, though I'm not positive as the pictures in the book Racing's Real McCoy don't show it well. That slogan was on most of Ray's cars, usually on the C - pillar.
Bobby The Cabdriver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject: Daytona Reply with quote

I agree with George, for a change! LOL! In my days of doing resin body h o slot cars I was buying decals from somebody who offered Ray Elders Daytona and with the color pictures he provided for decal placement I could just barely make out the same thing that you saw which is a script that says racing farmers. When I asked him about it, I was told that's what it says and it's too small for me to try to print.
odcics2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Motor Trend covered the 69 National 500, with photos.
33fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Andrews wrote:
Possible Answer to question 1) Racing Farmers, though I'm not positive as the pictures in the book Racing's Real McCoy don't show it well. That slogan was on most of Ray's cars, usually on the C - pillar.

It is the C pillar, but just to show how bad my eyes have gotten, I thought it was one word and started with MO...…….. Thanks for the help with that.

Any idea what is in the wing stripe? I was guessing the Dodge Bee.
33fan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

odcics2 wrote:
Motor Trend covered the 69 National 500, with photos.

Thank you. I have the video of the race but I know it doesn't show all the cars so I am looking for detail photos. There are a number of 1969 Motor Trends on ebay so I just need to figure out which one I need.
Bobby The Cabdriver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:01 am    Post subject: Daytona Reply with quote

There's a great video on YouTube from when the racing farmer beat all the NASCAR big shots at Riverside in 71. I know it's not a Daytona but it might help you with some of the graphics and such. Lots of great shots and close-ups of the 96.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: