Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wanted: Deep Dish Cragar S/S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Trading Post
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lee01

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject: Wanted: Deep Dish Cragar S/S Reply with quote

Looking for 2 Deep Dish Cragar S/S wheels (if you have matching tire, i interested in them too)
1/24-1/25
PM me
Looking to replicate this:
john843

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee, got you covered on the wheels. A set of those came in the AMT Charger
500 kit to do the supercharged version, deep dish on the rear and regular for the fronts. The optional rear tires that came with that kit may actually work for you also. I have my hands on the wheels and think I may still have two of the tires. PM me an address and I'll get the Cragers to you for sure and the tires if I can locate them.

John
Bobby The Cabdriver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:09 am    Post subject: Cragar Wheels Reply with quote

John, I love you buddy but , no , sorry,no Cragar wheels in the MPC Charger 500. They are kind of a knock off of American Racing wheels or possibly an obscure brand. They look most like a popular lowrider wheel that I forgot the name of, but they ain't cragars! To my knowledge, there's never been more than a medium dish Cragar SS wheel out there. We're talkin maybe 7 or 8 in wide at most. Not the 10 to 12 in looking wheel in your picture, sorry. But there is hope! Speed City Resin out of Detroit is selling wide Cragar SS wheels in resin. Too expensive? Most of the kit Cragar SS wheels are a little soft on detail around the rim and my advice to you would be find some older ones, some Wheels with a detailed rim and splice them together. There is a variety of different hi-quality chrome paint but I can't recommend one over the other since I haven't purchased any of them yet. If you need Cragar SS wheels, I just bought out another kit basher and have a whole bag of them. PM me and we can work something out.
john843

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know what the kit makers intentions were, just know that I held the wheel I have up to Lee's picture and they WILL replicate what's on the truck.
Found the tires also. Actually have two pair that should work, one pair from the 500 kit and one pair slightly different. The kit tires even have a very similar tread.

John
lee01

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to buy Mopar steel wheels from Scene unlimited and they had deep dish cragars, so I bought 2 sets.
Look pretty dead on
Bobby The Cabdriver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject: Cragar Wheels Reply with quote

Those look pretty good! Do you have a link? Not that I need more Cragar Wheels but I Googled the name and came up blank. Mopar steel wheels have got my attention, but have you seen what Fireball Design offers? It makes me want to trash the wheels off of all my Mopars, there steel wheels and Rally's are unbelievable! And there is nothing on the market that compares to their carburetors! I am doing an order with them very shortly, as soon as the holiday Financial hangover is over.
lee01

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://scenesunltd.com/products/s-s-cragar-m04
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Trading Post All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: