Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject: Help..... Reply with quote

In the Darkside section I made reference to a racer named Cotton Priddy who was killed in a NASCAR event in 1956. As a gift for his son, I'd like to build this car. I am lousy at identifying cars of this vintage so I'm asking for your help. As far as colors, I'm going with white car, black stripe. The #48 is red and the "Sure Fit" as yellow. The address on the roof as red. Wheels are silver. What say you? This picture was taken I'm guessing 1952 or 1953.......Click on the picture for a bigger view.

DaveVan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

36 Ford maybe??? The rear window looks cut out but the hood looks 36 to me....good luck!
Mack

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking it might be a '40 Ford coupe. I'm looking at the taper of the roof and the drip rail molding. I'm with Dave, I think the back window area has been cut a little larger.

https://www.ebay.com/motors/blog/the-graceful-1940-coupe-was-favorite-for-moonshiners/
bandit2026

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing its a 39 deluxe which is almost identical to a 40 standard. you could replicate this with any number of kits. The 36 had a one piece windshield and 3 piece hood that folded up. The wheels are wide 5 found on 36 to 39 the forty went to a smaller bolt pattern.
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think 39 Ford and the rear window has been enlarged for better visibility any of the Revell kits in my opinion would be the best to use as the start do you have more pis so you can see all the artwork on the car and do you have any color info actually I may want to do the decals for this car and offer them in my line up I like the car. If I do can you check with the family to make sure it would be OK with them.....The exhaust system intrigues me. Thanks for posting this and the story to go with it.
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HemiMan I will talk to the son. I also have other shots of that car that can provide some detail.

Seems I need to go model shopping to find me an old ford kit.....
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The son said please feel free to do the decals.....I know I'll be up for a couple or three sets. There was a rabbit logo and some other wording on the trunk he is trying to run down. He also said the rear window had been enlarged to allow for quick exit from the car. Fire was still a huge concern.....

Here are some additional pictures.....Click to enlarge.

Mack

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that looks like a 40 ford firewall. check out the link below.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1940-Ford-Steel-Body-Replacement-With-Stock-Firewall-/162478956079
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: