Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Now in stock at Mike's Decals... Revell Daytona!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobby The Cabdriver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject: Now in stock at Mike's Decals... Revell Daytona! Reply with quote

Yes it has finally arrived, the long-awaited and delayed Revell Dodge Charger Daytona! In stock at Mike's Decals for $26.50! And of course, Mike will give you a combo deal on the world's greatest brand of vintage NASCAR decals,Powerslide. My personal recommendation would be the K&K sheet which has decals for 3 complete cars and at least four different versions of the legendary Harry Hyde and Bobby Isaac Daytona. And be sure to tell him that BTC sent you! And no I do not work for Mike, I am merely a customer who really appreciates what he does for this Hobby.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to know what's in the box!!!
"Fireball"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
I want to know what's in the box!!!

Hi Dave. Go to the Model Roundup site, gives you a look as to how the kit builds up. Same old kit as the Pro Modeler kit, decent body, with very few race goodies in it. Still no true, pure, MoPar race car kit, without a large kit bashing, scratching, and a deep spares box. Guess I'll keep dreaming, and wishing.
Gary66
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the same as when it was first issued with the racing parts, with the exception of the goodyear lettering is no longer on the tire sidewall. Box art is misleading, it shows a window net and full interior cage. No net and the cage is the same 3 point version.

I'm not complaining, just putting info out. There is just enough racing parts in the kit to make a decent shelfer out of the box, and you could even beef up the roll cage and add a window net and still have a nice model.

The super detail builders would be sourcing several kits and scratch building.

All in all, I like it. I have 7 or 8 of the previous version and one of this release, I would get more but I have at least 4 or 5 of the Amt/MPC Daytona stock kits, and one unbuilt Isaac k and K kit.
themodelingnut23

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:04 am    Post subject: Update and Alternate Location Reply with quote

So since Mike's is Sold Out of these Daytona's, thought I would post that scalehobbyist.com has them for 23.95/ea (32.90 shipped), however if you are looking to buy more than 2 or 3 kits (They also got Bobby Allison's Monte and Mercury) shipping becomes very affordable! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: