Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sportsman build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bandit2026

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject: sportsman build Reply with quote

I'm getting ready to build a late model on an AMT T-bird chassis and I've looked at Mark Jefferies Build. Are there any other guides that show more detail? Would this kit be too far off for a 57 Chevy??
"Fireball"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that the NASCAR Sportsman, and Limited Sportsman division rules required you to use a street car frame for the '57 Chevy you're wanting to build. Later on when the Sportsman Division became the Busch Series then the AMT stock car chassis would be correct. I'm not sure what year the rules changed, but they did change at some point. Different areas around the country, and different tracks had different rules. What year, driver/car, and area of the country do you have in mind?
john843

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bandit, there's probably better choices for a starting point for a LM '57 because of the amount of deleting, back-dating, and simplifying you'd be looking at. Don't know what level of detail you're shooting for, but I did a Jack Ingram '55 (mostly a curbside with good interior detail) and I used the AMT early '70s "Macho Mustang" kit which is the same, I think, as the Warren Trope (sp?) racecar release. Seem to remember the wheelbase worked out w/o altering anything beyond the fender cut-outs.
Most of the '55s and '57s that I saw run were pretty basic compared to the onslaught of '64-'65 Chevelles and '69-'72 Novas to come. If I was considering doing either of those, the AMT 'bird might be the place to start.
There are others on here that can tell you a LOT more about a proper '57 LMS than me and hopefully, they'll chime in.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: