Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Matt McNally's guide to building the Polar Lights Ford

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Hanner
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject: Matt McNally's guide to building the Polar Lights Ford Reply with quote

https://web.archive.org/web/20130905133943/http://www.randyayersmodeling.com/modelingforum/viewtopic.php?t=76161
Taz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why , but the links eventually take you to a site called
"way back machine " but nothing loads Rolling Eyes
I have not been able to get Matts site to load for awhile now...times out! Anybody else have this problem and know why it won't load.
Matt had a lot of good pic's of his builds and info .

Ron
joe b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah somethings not right. i get to his site but the tips on "how to build" section says it's not archived.

joe
67 Fairlane

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reached out to Matt at his last known email address. Its been a while since we've communicated, not sure if he'll answer.

A check of the member list indicates he has not rejoined the board since its resurrection.

I'll let you know if anything happens.

Jerry
67 Fairlane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go here for a photo essay on building the Polar Lights Talladega. It's not Matt's article, but it is pretty comprehensive:
http://public.fotki.com/lannyhaas/how-tos/polar_lights_build_up/

This link is actually in our "Tips and Tricks" forum."

Still no word from Matt yet....
DustyMojave

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys...I see this has not been continued for a year. Has anyone ever heard form Matt McNally?

He does a great job building NASCAR models. I've been so impressed that I downloaded his "article" on building the Polar Lights Fords, the Talladega and the Cyclone Spoiler 2. I put the pics and text into a Word document for my own education.

I just went over it tonight to check and make sure all of it was right. I did a tiny bit of editing to remove the little gray bars that show up when you translate a web doc to a Word doc. I corrected where Matt had messed up the numbering (repeat right at 17 a couple of times) and a couple of other minor typos.

If anybody would like, I can share that file with all on here, provided Matt doesn't object.
DustyMojave

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man...I just looked up at the phpBB page how to post that document in here. WOW!!! Shocked What a lot of work THAT looks like. Maybe better as a .pdf? or maybe better to create a web page of it? Anybody have any suggestions?
Bobby The Cabdriver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject: Boss 429 Reply with quote

As I said in the Boss 429 oil pan thread, anybody who has this kind of stuff downloaded needs to contact Bob Hanner or Dennis O immediately so we can get these things back up again and get the form back up to speed as much as possible. This is a much-needed thread and Matt McNally if you're out there please drop us a wine and let us know that you're okay. There's been two big reasons why so many people are missing from the Forum but only one we can do something about. I sincerely hope nobody has tried to build a Talladega using the link that you get forwarded to, all this link basically shows is how to slam this car together. It's a little bit more involved to put it mildly. I have a cyclone WIP and I think I will post some pictures of what I've done to correct the issues with the wheelbase and the engine position.
joe b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: Boss 429 Reply with quote

Bobby The Cabdriver wrote:
As I said in the Boss 429 oil pan thread, anybody who has this kind of stuff downloaded needs to contact Bob Hanner or Dennis O immediately so we can get these things back up again and get the form back up to speed as much as possible. This is a much-needed thread and Matt McNally if you're out there please drop us a wine and let us know that you're okay. There's been two big reasons why so many people are missing from the Forum but only one we can do something about. I sincerely hope nobody has tried to build a Talladega using the link that you get forwarded to, all this link basically shows is how to slam this car together. It's a little bit more involved to put it mildly. I have a cyclone WIP and I think I will post some pictures of what I've done to correct the issues with the wheelbase and the engine position.

i agree. i admit i have not had the same interest in this site since the crash. no disrespect to all who worked on re booting it. i appreciate and thank you for your efforts and am greatfull i can still come here if i have some questions but i am dejected because of all the many photos of my builds that were lost plus the count of my posts which were in the thousands and i took a sort of pride in it. not to mention all the stickys on tips and build guides lost. i also notice a lot of the guys that were frequent contributers and posters are gone or like myself frequent much less. i also have lost some of my mojo for building cars, which is on me since i have been on a WWII aircraft binge as of late. but i need to get back to my cars too.

joe
Matt McNally

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pages should be back online. Here's a direct link to the buildup - let me know if there are any issues with the pages.

http://www.mnacreations.com/TipsTricksPages/TallyBuild/TallyBuild.htm

Matt McNally
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: