Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

darkside archive and then some

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bangor boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject: darkside archive and then some Reply with quote

Good source of images for vintage cars right here. Copy and pastable, too.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/texwardfan/library/?sort=3&page=1
MarkJ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my take on them. Don't know how accurate they are. There wont be anymore going in there because I'm not going to pay the 400 dollar ransom to post from there.
Firefly

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And fighting through the ads on Photobucket is not a pleasant experience.
oldtimer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkJ wrote:
Well my take on them. Don't know how accurate they are. There wont be anymore going in there because I'm not going to pay the 400 dollar ransom to post from there.
who are you going to use...
67 Fairlane

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bangorboy for the heads-up on this resource. I found lots of great pics and how-to's on building selected models. I will be grazing through this collection picking what I can from it before Texwardfan decides its too expensive to keep it going.

To everyone else, I agree Photobucket is far too expensive now and it seems they have purposely priced themselves out of a majority of their market. Perhaps they are going after a different demographic, who knows. The sad thing is those who trusted this service and the internet with their photo archive and didn't back up their files on an external hard drive or some other local off-internet method have learned a hard lesson. Trust no one. (I think that was an old X-Files episode LOL!)

To answer the question "Who are you going to use", well there's still Flickr and Fotki. I've been using Fotki for some time now and have never had any issues, plus they're dirt cheap. You can buy a 1-year subscription for around $16... that's for the whole year. Most people piss away 3-times that amount on fancy froo-froo coffee every week! Rolling Eyes

Flickr is free... Even better! Not sure how it compares to Fotki; never used the service but I haven't heard anything negative about it. So give Flickr a try. What's to lose? (Back up your pics first though!)

I know people really loved Photobucket, a lot, and now people feel like their lover has turned into a high-priced prostitute. I get it, she'll still give you what you want, but now its going to cost way more than a dinner and a movie! So my take on that is if someone wants to share the benefits of their call-girl and it doesn't cost me anything, I'm good with that. Think about it, you're still getting the benefit without any of the cost. Very Happy
Just sayin'... Laughing

Jerry

PS: [Edit] Just saw one of our Board Moderators using a service called postimage.org says he's been using it for a year or so. Best part: its free!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: