Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oil Cooler Lines

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Racer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Oil Cooler Lines Reply with quote

While I know its just insulation over the steel braided lines but can anyone recommend a good source and size for wire to use for the orange oil cooler, fuel, and coolant lines like the ones pictured below?

john843

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny, don't know if you've seen them but you can get the little shrink-wrap tubes like so many people (me included) use for rollbar padding in a flat orangish red color as well as in black. I've used these before, both by sliding them intact over the line and also slitting them down one side when applying them after the lines are connected on both ends. The ones I use are about 1/16th" which for comparison, is the size of the aluminum tube I use for a fuel overflow.
PM me an address and I'll send you enough to try and to do several cars if you like how they look. I've got a BUNCH of them.

John
Johnny Racer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john843 wrote:
Johnny, don't know if you've seen them but you can get the little shrink-wrap tubes like so many people (me included) use for rollbar padding in a flat orangish red color as well as in black. I've used these before, both by sliding them intact over the line and also slitting them down one side when applying them after the lines are connected on both ends. The ones I use are about 1/16th" which for comparison, is the size of the aluminum tube I use for a fuel overflow.
PM me an address and I'll send you enough to try and to do several cars if you like how they look. I've got a BUNCH of them.

John

I have seen that and actually am looking to find the correct diameter black shrink wrap for roll bar padding usage. Stopped at my local auto parts store today and found some 16 gage orange wire but seems that the shrink wrap might actually work better because I can then just cover the Pro Tech steel braided line which is what they did with the 1:1 anyways. The orange is just insulation to keep the fluids from boiling from excessive engine heat. Great tip. Wink
john843

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnny, I have plenty of both if you will PM me an address.

John
Johnny Racer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

john843 wrote:
Johnny, I have plenty of both if you will PM me an address.

John

Appreciate it. PM sent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: