Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Joey Logano's Shell/Pennzoil Ford Fusion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Fab Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martinfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: Joey Logano's Shell/Pennzoil Ford Fusion Reply with quote

From Ace Decals, is Joey's 2017/2018 Shell/Pennzoil decals, just released about a week ago , I am still not 100% sure what yellow I am going to use, but I am leaning towards Pennzoil Yellow as I think that is what the team is using, I did reach out to Penske racing to verify but they never responded back.

So what I have done so far?, let's take a look , all chassis bits have already been paint with Chassis Grey from Promax SEM paint.

Some of the missing roll bars, the upside down V are ones that are missing that I added

I added the second vertical bar to the halo bar

The Ford FR9, painted using a few different Metalizer paints and Primer black from Mr Color, and I added the plug wires. The Ford decals on the valve covers are from Powerslide decals

The seat, the leg braces have been added, and then the entire seat was painted once again using Mr Surfacer Black, and the the exterior was painted in graphite type of color.

And the chassis, the molded in fuel was removed and I a new set made of round stock was added and move to a more accurate spot that Penske Racing runs them at( I believe)

Let's see what else I have done ,

The tires and wheels, the tires, using decals from Powerslide Decals,decals on the bare tires followed by a couple coats of Tamiya flat clear, they are a bit too shiny , even did a coat of dullcoat from Testors, might have to just go back to only using Dullcoat.

Here is how I lower the rear suspension, first, while not the actual part that lowers it, the shocks , here you can see that I cut the shock shaft free, and then hollowed out the cylinder, I also shortened the shaft just a bit

And now the shocks are ready for the new ride height( its adjustable right now)

And the springs, I just cut a little off the top, and that lower's the rear end, I always need to add in shim or too.
Lionpride

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great start. Thanks for sharing!
bangor boy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I think Joey boy, I think this yeller looks a good match

But please don't take me seriously. I'm a Truex fan still a might aggrieved from Martinsville.

Which, I guess, is payback for hollering for Kenseth at the same track a couple of years back.
Henryjint

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking real good so far!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Fab Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: