Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1965 David Pearson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:40 am    Post subject: 1965 David Pearson Reply with quote

I am thinking about building David 's 65 Dodge and have some questions.
Was the whole roof red or just the sides of the roof?
Interior colours appear to be white with a red dash?
Silver wheels?

I'm using the white pre finished 65 dodge kit and the 64 Plymouth stock kit for the under pinning.
Thanks for any input please.
Ron
Racer14

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cotton Owens website has a number of good pictures for the 65 Dodge. Looks like the roof was all red at sometime and red/white at another time. Looks like a red dash and seat with aluminum side panels. Silver wheels as you noted.
Firefly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like red sides only on this Riverside car. Also note the fuel filler cutout.
It sounds like you are using the Polar Lights Coronet? The Lindberg chassis fits like a glove. I used it for a K&K build. You may also want to use the PL dash for its better top detail (radio grille).

Taz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info guy's, Bill thanks for that rear shot, will really set the car apart from the norm! Where did you find it?

Ron
Firefly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might have found that in Lanny Haas' big Fotki collection.
odcics2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the short track car was painted different than the speedway car?

Cotton certainly had more than one car. Doesn't make sense to keep repainting the roof.
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

odcics2 wrote:
Maybe the short track car was painted different than the speedway car?

Cotton certainly had more than one car. Doesn't make sense to keep repainting the roof.

The car with the unusual (for Cotton) rounded #6's on the door certainly had a solid red roof (or at least the area visible above the windshield in the photo I have saved someplace is red rather than white) so if not a different car then a total repaint/re-letter job. That was was a hardtop, I believe Cotton had one sedan and two hardtops in '65 and I believe one of the hardtops was a leftover '64. He still had that '64 car in '67 with black sheetmetal riveted up over the rear fenders to simulate covers for the '65 style taillights. Unfortunately the '64 tail panel was also still present. As long as he had a '65 doghouse bolted on NASCAR was pretty flexible in '66 but I think they finally told him in the summer of '67 to not bring that '64 back without doing more to update it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: