Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have a seat, Salvinos Olds replacement resin seat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Trading Post
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:16 pm    Post subject: Have a seat, Salvinos Olds replacement resin seat. Reply with quote

Here is a new resin seat with the support bolster on the correct side. If you've bought the Olds kit and were disappointed in the seat, they have fixed this for future molds. In the mean time, if you have the kit and would like to replace the seat, drop me a message.

BVAUGHN

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So will correct seat be in the Allison Olds kit?
Bill
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BVAUGHN wrote:
So will correct seat be in the Allison Olds kit?
Bill
It will not. That's why I'm offering these. These seats will only be available until the kit seat is replaced. There's a chance it may not be in the Monte Carlo kit either, but will be in all future mold cuts after that.

The seats are FREE, just like the bumpers, to members of this forum. All I ask is that if you wish, you can send me back the postage.

This is to help Salvinos, the folks buying their kits, and to promote the idea of "Pay it Forward".
Henryjint

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some better pics. That gash in the shoulder area will be gone!

The outside of the seat looks a little bare. Did I miss something?

socal76

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if you have three of the Olds kits? I wanted to make sure I was supporting a new manufacturer. But I do have to admit I was pretty disappointed in several aspects of the kit. I will still buy the Monte Carlo, just not as many. I am no expert on exact details, but plenty of posts on various boards informed me of things I didn't know. Hopefully there will be necessary corrections as each kit is produced. And with the purchases of the Monogram and Revell molds for kits into the nineties they can recover the cost and maybe a little more to be put into new products. I myself wish they would do transkits to do some Olds, Pontiac 2+2's, and a Buick Le Sabre to start off. Many people already have doner kits to put under those bodies, and those that don't have doner kits can purchase kits Savino's can start selling now. I wish them a lot of luck and hope they can somehow get the 2000 and newer kits either moved out of China, or the lesser pleasing option of just getting them run. Just wish them a lot of luck
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

socal76 wrote:
What if you have three of the Olds kits? I wanted to make sure I was supporting a new manufacturer. But I do have to admit I was pretty disappointed in several aspects of the kit. I will still buy the Monte Carlo, just not as many. I am no expert on exact details, but plenty of posts on various boards informed me of things I didn't know. Hopefully there will be necessary corrections as each kit is produced. And with the purchases of the Monogram and Revell molds for kits into the nineties they can recover the cost and maybe a little more to be put into new products. I myself wish they would do transkits to do some Olds, Pontiac 2+2's, and a Buick Le Sabre to start off. Many people already have doner kits to put under those bodies, and those that don't have doner kits can purchase kits Savino's can start selling now. I wish them a lot of luck and hope they can somehow get the 2000 and newer kits either moved out of China, or the lesser pleasing option of just getting them run. Just wish them a lot of luck
The average person purchases around three kits. I will give out up to three sets of bumpers or seats to anyone who asks. Just keep the requests to three. Smile

Not only will they be integrating their work with the Monogram chassis, pretty soon you won't need any "donor" kits. I think you'll find the first Pontiac to come out will be the 2+2. Basically these will be the old Mono kits you've come to love, with a body package as yet unseen. That's not to say, the original Grand Prix kit will never be seen again.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the responses guys, this offer is now closed. I'm sorry if you missed out on a freebie. The parts are now available on an auction site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Trading Post All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: