Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Let's have a little poll, about future kits from Salvinos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject: Let's have a little poll, about future kits from Salvinos Reply with quote

We have an Olds 442 and a seventies era Monte Carlo. If they truly want to be the gap fillers, let's give them some gaps to fill. I usually don't go in for these "What new kits.." threads, but maybe this time it'll be different.

Please, no hatin. Let's just see what NASCAR kits you'd like to see done and don't wrack your brain trying to be different than the last post. If you want a 1976 Mercury, say so. They need to see numbers.

Name three cars you'd like to see done for any era.

1978 Dodge MAGNUM (no surprise right?)

1981 Chrysler Imperial

1986 Pontiac 2+2
Tom Birky

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pontiac 2+2
73 Chevelle
Big Merc or Tbird (76ish??)
chitownbri

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'86 pontiac 2+2
'81 olds cutlass
'81 chevy malibu
DaveVan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd buy any above.......
My #1 is a 77 Thunderbird....
a 76 Cougar or Montego
George Andrews

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1978 Dodge Magnum
1981 Dodge Mirada / Chrysler Cordoba
1981 Olds Cutlass
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The '86-'87 Grand Prix 2+2 would fill gaps and there are also enough different well-known cars with that bodystyle to cover several releases. Petty, Rusty Wallace, Neil Bonnett, maybe even Lake Speed.

The same chassis could cover an '86-'87 Buick LeSabre.

The Magnum would definitely fill a gap but there are only a couple of really marketable cars that would sell out a 2500 piece run. Petty would probably be good for 10K or more, Neil Bonnett would probably cover 5K easily. As much as I'd love to see a Frank Warren or Buddy Arrington car those would have trouble covering a 2.5K run. They haven't justified a 300 piece decal run yet.

Here's one that would fly off the shelves. A pair of Chargers done like the Monte Carlos. A '71-'72, and a '73-'74. The slides that do the sides would have to be different, as would the bumper/grilles. But everything else would be the same and there are a bunch of great releases. Both years of the Buddy Baker #11 cars, Petty cars for every year from '72-'77, the K&K cars of various years, the Earnhardt first race car (especially since the diecast was totally wrong)...

Same with the '71-'72 Plymouth. It could use the same glass and probably the core for the body mold that does the Charger. '71-'72 Petty, '71 Hamilton, the Dick Brooks Talladega winner.

Shoot, while we're on Mopars how about a 1/25 Superbird? With the JoHan kit presumably lost forever a '70 Superbird would have a lot of sales potential. Petty, Hamilton, Dan Gurney, Brooks.
Mack

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A long shot request here. How about a period correct 60's-70's era single car hauler. And a tow trailer like the locals would have used back in the 60's-70's. But, I'm not picky, I'll support anything and everything Salvinos markets.I'm glad they're in the game.
john843

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 1976 Daytona 500 winner, which I assume would be the '76 Montego (?)

John
octopusmotor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will heartily second Tom's suggestion of the early '70s Chargers tooled for multiple year models. Those cars are icons of a particular era and so many great schemes await.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a kit that would do the same for the Chevelle/Malibu/Laguna - with inserts for the various side windows, noses and rear panels, and so forth. The AMT and MPC kits aren't bad but a modern, all-inclusive take intrigues me.

Of the two, the Charger is a much more desperate need, since the old MPC kits are getting rare and the Polar Lights kit was...clunky.

Jodie Peeler
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john843 wrote:
The 1976 Daytona 500 winner, which I assume would be the '76 Montego (?)

John
Actually, I'm not sure. I was always a Mopar guy. I was hoping if I was wrong someone would correct it.
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The '76 Daytona 500 winner was indeed a '74-'76 Montego. That, and a Cougar (only differences were grill/parking lights and the opera window on the Cougar) and they would cover several cars. A Thunderbird would be nice too but there was really only one competitive one of those.
Lee "Spud" Lo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

76 Montego
86 2+2
70 Superbird or charger Daytona ( an accurate race version)
86-87 Buick Lasaber (sorry couldent stop at three)
Ethan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All those would be awesome

A correct 1983-1986 Thunderbird
86 Pontiac 2+2
2003 pontiac grand prix
HurricaneDave3

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're close Ethan:

1. Corrected Thunderbird
2. Pontiac 2+2
3. Buick Lesabre

I'm just being selfish in my picks though Very Happy
Richmond purple Uno Buick (done)
Andretti Carfax Impala
LePage Patron Charger
Green Timberwolf Monte
150+ other NASCAR kits
Reyst

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2018 Chevy Camaro ZL1

2017-18 Toyota Camry
Hot Wheels

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reyst wrote:
2018 Chevy Camaro ZL1

2017-18 Toyota Camry

I second this Very Happy
Yellowsportwagon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 77 Buick Century. Earnhardt faced one with the Monte Carlo roofline. Others used the roofline of the current Salvi os Cutlass kit. Quite a few were raced.
Sundance

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: OK here's my wish list... Reply with quote

71 Plymouth
71-74 Chargers

Here is a non racer but related. I agree with Mack. A 60s-70s ramp hauler. Specifically, the Dodge W700 crew cab. As far as who ran them, most every mopar team and some non mopars. In addition, there were a LOT of drag teams who used them. With the wealth of vintage drag kits out there now, it would easily be a great crossover kit, that they could get a lot of sales out of. Think the Mongoose/Snake rigs, Petty's ramp truck, and a host of others. There were couple of resin kits out there at one time for the W700 that could easily be used for a start to the mold. The Petty ramp truck was recently released so, it could be used by them for the back. I personally would like to see the ramp section redone to rid the the tire cutout to keep the model in place. Most of the actual rigs did not have that just flat treadplate.

A guy can dream can't he........

drppr76

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

81-85 Oldsmobile Cutlass. 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix 2018 Camaro
martinfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot Wheels wrote:
Reyst wrote:
2018 Chevy Camaro ZL1

2017-18 Toyota Camry

I second this Very Happy

I will 3rd this and add

2019 Cup Mustang
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way I can see any current Cup kits any time soon is if Salvino's buys the gen 6 molds from Revell and tools a Canaro, Mustang and ToyotaBTW the gen 6 molds are in China which is a huge can of worms.....so...no new Cup kits soon.
Reyst

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
The only way I can see any current Cup kits any time soon is if Salvino's buys the gen 6 molds from Revell and tools a Canaro, Mustang and ToyotaBTW the gen 6 molds are in China which is a huge can of worms.....so...no new Cup kits soon.

The chosen one has spoken! The all mighty Dave Van returns from his boycott of all things technological just to throw shade at us “modern builders”. I thought the point of this thread was a “what would you like to see done by Salvinos”. To be honest I don’t see Salvinos producing any of these suggested kits for this reason or that one so whatever.

I also remember you saying “Revell will never do a Gen 6 kit because Licenseing costs, ‘Na$car’ wanting their cut, this reason, that reason” but lord and behold, they gave us 7 new Gen6 kits!?!

Guess I am reminded why I don’t participate here.
Orangeastre

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see that 2+2 kit, a slabside Lumina, and a ZL1 kit, even done as a snap kit.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link me to that 'never' post. I think it was in a good dream you had....the fact it involved me is creepy.
I came back after my friend Albert Wallace pasted unexpectedly and I figured 'why let idiots run you off'.... Cool
have a better one.
Reyst

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
Link me to that 'never' post. I think it was in a good dream you had....the fact it involved me is creepy.
I came back after my friend Albert Wallace pasted unexpectedly and I figured 'why let idiots run you off'.... Cool
have a better one.

I would love to show you that old post, but unfortunately the history of this board vanished that not long ago so I don’t have it, but I’m sure a lot of other members remember that as well. I’m sorry to hear about your friend “pasted” away. As for dreams, don’t flatter yourself. You don’t have to worry about the idiots running off with the group because I see you have returned....
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just stop please......
Gary66
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would love to show you that old post, but unfortunately the history of this board vanished that not long ago so I don’t have it, but I’m sure a lot of other members remember that as well. I’m sorry to hear about your friend “pasted” away. As for dreams, don’t flatter yourself. You don’t have to worry about the idiots running off with the group because I see you have returned....

If this is all you have to contribute to this board do us all a favor and just leave. This thing you and your small group of cronies have for Dave Van is beyond old, it's tiresome. What purpose does it serve? We here at this site have had enough of it. You want to talk crap about Dave, do it anywhere else but here.

No room for debating this. Any more posts like that one from you or anyone else will be deleted as soon as one of us mods sees it. If you want to start trouble then it'll be up to Bob Hanner to remove your membership.

Enough is enough. GROW UP.
Ethan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen!
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little surprised nobody's mentioned a late 70's Caprice or early 70's Javelin.
ak-fan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: It's been said previously, but... Reply with quote

I'm all in on:

'86 Pontiac 2+2
'69 Charger Daytona
'71 Roadrunner

Mold them and they WILL come...
Mack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gary66 wrote:
Quote:

If this is all you have to contribute to this board do us all a favor and just leave. This thing you and your small group of cronies have for Dave Van is beyond old, it's tiresome. What purpose does it serve? We here at this site have had enough of it. You want to talk crap about Dave, do it anywhere else but here.

No room for debating this. Any more posts like that one from you or anyone else will be deleted as soon as one of us mods sees it. If you want to start trouble then it'll be up to Bob Hanner to remove your membership.

Enough is enough. GROW UP.

Agreed 110%.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamtheWayne wrote:
I'm a little surprised nobody's mentioned a late 70's Caprice or early 70's Javelin.

More good ones....
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see a mid 70's Camaro for all the short track builders......
Blackj3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Tom. The gap fillers we want have to be justified by their ability to sell a full production run.

I think the 70's Chargers, late 70's-80 Monte Carlo, and the Pontiac 2+2 would be easier choices for Sal's make.
Firefly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom M. wrote:
The '76 Daytona 500 winner was indeed a '74-'76 Montego. That, and a Cougar (only differences were grill/parking lights and the opera window on the Cougar) and they would cover several cars.

In the five seasons the Wood Brothers raced that body style ('76-'80) it won 21 times in 110 events. As the most prominent adversary to the Petty Charger, this car deserves consideration for a full kit.
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefly wrote:
Tom M. wrote:
The '76 Daytona 500 winner was indeed a '74-'76 Montego. That, and a Cougar (only differences were grill/parking lights and the opera window on the Cougar) and they would cover several cars.

In the five seasons the Wood Brothers raced that body style ('76-'80) it won 21 times in 110 events. As the most prominent adversary to the Petty Charger, this car deserves consideration for a full kit.

They were all high-profile superspeedway wins too.

The Wood Brothers car(s) (since they could issue one Montego and one Cougar in Wood Brothers livery), Allison Cam2, and the Cougar that Bobby Allison won Talladega with for Bud Moore in '80 would all be viable issues and Carto artwork exists for two of those three. I happen to know that vector art exists for the Bud Moore Cougar as well, it just needs to be separated and put in the proper format for Carto.
Pas.U.By Car#21

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of these have already been suggested.

1983-86 Thunderbird
1974-76 Montego
71/74 Chargers (so many driver options)
1978 Thunderbird (Allison Daytona winner)
1973-76 Torino (not an overly successful body style but u have always liked the look of it)
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I would also want to suggest that the trend of multi-year bodies is something they keep doing.

For the Roadrunner, (1971/1972) I would suggest both rear bumpers and two style of grille. Petty style and the full screen others ran.

For the Charger, two hood, both flat and bulge, front bumper should have the bumper itself and two sets of grille inserts for 1973 and everything else. The 1971 and 72 Charger is still plentiful through R2.

Most of the single or two year use cars like the 2+2 are no brainers. This car could have options for 1982 to 1987, but the Monogram version is still fairly plentiful as well.

I mentioned the Caprice, but it was more or less a joke. I'm not sure even too many Petty fans are itching to build the flying brick.

I think it would be nice to see cars from more branches of racing. IROC, USAC, NHRA. Basically any organization with cool initials. So far it does look as if the 2+2 and the Mopars are the most favored. I did expect to see more 50's and 60's requests though. I honestly wouldn't mind a 1962 or '63 Savoy. Or some of the convertibles!

Anyway, thank you very much guys, this has been fantastic feedback, let's keep going, I know not everyone has chimed in yet!
Very Happy
Mack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may sound like a crackhead idea, bur here goes. Would it benefit Salvinos to do just a Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2 body and glass? Same for the 83-86 Thunderbird. It's not like there aren't plenty of donor chassis available in either 1/24 or 1/25 scale? May not be feasible, just a thought.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mack wrote:
This may sound like a crackhead idea, bur here goes. Would it benefit Salvinos to do just a Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2 body and glass? Same for the 83-86 Thunderbird. It's not like there aren't plenty of donor chassis available in either 1/24 or 1/25 scale? May not be feasible, just a thought.
I suggested that. I suggested body kits such as a 1972 Roadrunner in 1/16 for the Petty/Baker kits. They didn't seem too keen.
DPalmer4343

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly think that they need to think a bit out of the box

I'd love to see...

1) A properly done AMC Matador (NASCAR)
2) An AMC Javelin (SCCA)
3) A 1978 IROC Series Camaro

I believe that most all of the "famous" NASCAR body styles have been done and would think that the SCCA/Can-Am cars of the early 70's are begging to be modeled correctly. The Mustang, Camaro, Javelin, Firebird, etc... Sure you can kit-bash to make most everything that's out there...but to have it all in a kit, I'd love to build Folmer's Mustang or Donohue's Camaro
JCee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the current chassis is Mopar, I'd like to see:

71 and/or 72 Roadrunner
Magnum. I'd love to do the Marty Robbins car

Also the older, boxy Matador would be fun.
Pat Redmond
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

71/2 and 73/4 Chargers
martinfan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They fooled ya all, they decided to sell hats Laughing Laughing Laughing
tko24

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Petty 1986-87 Pontiac Grand Prix 2+2
David Pearson 70's Mercury Montego
Petty's mid to late 70's Dodge Charger
Djaustinj53

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:07 pm    Post subject: New Salvino ideas. Reply with quote

I know it would only model one car, but I would love to see the original Penske Matador.
sentsat71

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

'71-'72 Ply Roadrunners
'71-'74 Chargers
'72-'74 AMC Javelins

NASCAR Grand Am (pony cars) Early 70's Camaros; Firebirds; '69-'70 Mustangs......
Tom Horn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- '86 Pontiac 2+2

- '11- '12 Dodge Charger

- '78 IROC Series Camaro
WR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggest gap to me are the Monte Carlo in the mid to late 70's tons of them were raced
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR wrote:
Biggest gap to me are the Monte Carlo in the mid to late 70's tons of them were raced
You're in luck then. The 1974 to 1977 Monte comes out in a couple months. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: