Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Revell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stewrtfan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:30 am    Post subject: Revell Reply with quote

Has anyone heard any updates on Revell's future since being sold?
DaveVan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEW Revell reissued the 2014 (?) Mustang kit.New decals and box. MSRP of $43.98.........how many can I order for you????
New tool kits will be $48.98 btw
My buddy says he will not carry them at his store.
stewrtfan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: REVELL Reply with quote

What a shame, One of my all time favorite manufactures.
I've been a little nervous about this as there has been no communication from the new company that bought Revell.
You would think if they wanted to sell models they would start talking.

And those prices will never fly!

I wish the best for all the Revell employees who were let go when the change over went down, they made Revell a great and well respected product.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those prices, they better match the quality of Tamiya.
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully some of the molds like the stock car kits will be sold off if they are not going to be reused. I have a ton of decals I sell that are for R/M tools like the Tri/Five Chevys and there Mopar kits like the Dart if the kits go to that kind of money my sales on those will plummet rapidly...
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hemiman_1999 wrote:
Hopefully some of the molds like the stock car kits will be sold off if they are not going to be reused. I have a ton of decals I sell that are for R/M tools like the Tri/Five Chevys and there Mopar kits like the Dart if the kits go to that kind of money my sales on those will plummet rapidly...
And that speaks to the ripple effect this will have on the entire modeling economy.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hemiman_1999 wrote:

My biggest fear is that as the new Revell owners are a investment company first....many of the Renwal, Monogram and Aurora tools will be seen as worth more as scrap than in a vault. The total lack of communication from the new owners to me shows a lack of 'hobby smarts'.
Hope all those Revell haters are happy now. Crying or Very sad
sentsat71

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling that R2/AMT/MPC could start jacking up their prices now that there is no direct competition from Revell now.....
DaveVan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OR....be the low price leader and move more product. NOT a good time to raise prices.
stewrtfan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: revell Reply with quote

Wouldn't it be nice if the investment company that bought Revell would start reading this forum and communicate with all the modelers.
It would be nice to know what their plans are, and put our minds to rest.

Or they could update the Revell website.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: revell Reply with quote

stewrtfan wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice if the investment company that bought Revell would start reading this forum and communicate with all the modelers.
It's amazing to me how often that thought actually pops up. We're all dreamers, but the companies are realists and will always go for bottom line, versus what we want. We can beg for decades for a certain kit but if they're watching, they're only seeing a small percentage of the actual requesting market.

Take a dozen boards like this. All with the "beating a dead horse" thread, "What kit do you most want to see reissued" or the even more harrowing "What new kits do you want to see?". EVERY board has one and you don't have to go deep to find them.

Now. Look at every list and find a common kit that more than a couple people want. You'll be lucky to triple your original number of twelve. (I've actually done this) SO, for the kit company to make a model of the three handled family gredunza because about 34 people asked for it, would be an absurd undertaking.

I have long held the belief, that all the kit companies should have their own discussion boards, similar to what you find on youtube. They can recieve feedback, suggestions and future kit want lists, all in one place. They need one person to read and moderate and field questions. At least to start.

Anyway, just a few thoughts sponsored by sarcasm sauce. Put it on everything!
tomcat65

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what appears to be a forum on the Revell Germany site. It's in German, so will need to translate it... There was another one, before they changed their website after the sale. Not sure if it the same as before... Maybe it will help to convey some of our wishes on kits or past kits we would like to see...

https://community.revell.de/index.php
martinfan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: revell Reply with quote

[quote="AdamtheWayne"]
stewrtfan wrote:

I have long held the belief, that all the kit companies should have their own discussion boards, similar to what you find on youtube. They can recieve feedback, suggestions and future kit want lists, all in one place. They need one person to read and moderate and field questions. At least to start.

A Facebook page would work as well and does for a lot of companies, but since we are talking about US builders, and alot of them dont want to deal Facebook, I can understand why a forum would be better.

But I do agree 100% with your statement.
Henryjint

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: revell Reply with quote

stewrtfan wrote:

Or they could update the Revell website.

The only thing investment companies read is the Wall Street Journal.
joe b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
NEW Revell reissued the 2014 (?) Mustang kit.New decals and box. MSRP of $43.98.........how many can I order for you????
New tool kits will be $48.98 btw
My buddy says he will not carry them at his store.

i have a feeling that once they see their kits not selling at those prices and other companies moving their product at normal prices, they will adjust the prices. otherwise they go out of business.
we, as modelers must swamp their forum with complaints too.

joe
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Revell is using the price model used by some model train manufactures....high MSRP but street price about 40-50% of it. We'll see.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: