Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bobby Allison Coca Cola Winston West Chevelle Complete

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arca guy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Bobby Allison Coca Cola Winston West Chevelle Complete Reply with quote

I will post this one again as I lost access last week after coming back to site - I put together this Bobby Allison replica from the 70's raced out west at Riverside. Limited photos to use for 66 lindberg chevelle body on super stocker chassis, PPM tires and wheels, powerslide decals. Thanks for looking.

Mack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

absolute stunning build!!!! i'm from bama, so Bobby is one of my all time favorites. you did a beautiful job on that build.
Henryjint

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool!!!
Jim N

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks superb!
George Andrews

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice built; I really like the body mods around the front wheel openings.
I'm not sure the car pictured was a Winston West entry though. The WW Series didn't run many stand - alone events at Riverside; most times they were there as a Combination Race to the Cup Series. In a Combination Race the West cars had to follow the Cup rulebook which dictated a car no more than 3 model years old. Separate points were awarded for each series, which resulted in NASCAR not recognizing WW driver Ray Elder as the overall race winner for many years after his victories in Jan. 1971, and June 1972. ( This was later corrected in the NASCAR records. )
It's more likely that Bobby's car was a Sportsman or Grand American series race car, as the car rules in this series were much more liberal. This series often ran on Saturday, and knowing how much Bobby Allison loved to race, it's likely he brought his sportsman car out for extra action.
R.J.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great build. That is only the second picture I have seen of the Red and White 66 Chevelle.
james p

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is one sharp looking build.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: