Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone else get in on the 2+2 preorder?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waylandcool

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just put my order in today for a kit with the Kodak decals. The first of several 2+2's to come.
18degrees

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Email from Salvinos today... their 2+2 (Richard Petty) is in stock and will be shipping this upcoming Wednesday.
Steve Salhany

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not quite done with mine but from mocking it up it looks like a great kit. It does sit a touch high on the chassis, but that could well be a "me" problem. I'll know more when I get it to final assembly.
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Salhany wrote:
I'm not quite done with mine but from mocking it up it looks like a great kit. It does sit a touch high on the chassis, but that could well be a "me" problem. I'll know more when I get it to final assembly.

Roof is a little low. Note the difference in thickness above the quarter window on the 2+2 and compare to a Regal or Monte Carlo. I saved mine by thinning out the top of the main cage hoop to let the body sit lower on the chassis, I might get the Dremel out and put a slight channel in the inside of the roof before I paint but there's not a lot of plastic there.
Steve Salhany

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I was wondering what the issue might be. I've just painted mine so dremeling it won't be happening, but perhaps a few small steps might help it sit a touch lower. Thanks Tom!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: