Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yarborough Laguna at 1977 Daytona - 1:43 scale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sanzvictor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: Yarborough Laguna at 1977 Daytona - 1:43 scale Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm building a 1:43 resin kit from Starter for the 1977 Yarborough Laguna, the orange one showing Holly Farms sponsorship.

The resin body looks nice, interior parts where common with other Nascar models, and the decals aren't correct... the main logo for Holly Farms has the colors in wrong order, so I'm redrawing the full decal sheet in order to send it to a local custom printer.

About the milliard sponsors on each size, would some one know which one is this? how does it spells?

thanks!

Last edited by sanzvictor on Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Pat Redmond
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the older Ingersoll Rand decal.
sanzvictor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks!
Bobby The Cabdriver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Yarbrough at Daytona Reply with quote

Let's see some pictures! I've got a Benny Parsons 73 championship Chevelle Gathering dust for over 10 years and I could use the inspiration..... and a project then I'm not going to drive myself nuts with scratch building and kitbashing! These little 43rd scale starter kits are pretty cool and they've done a lot of very historic cars over the years.
Bobby The Cabdriver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Yarbrough at Daytona Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure, now that I think about it, that decal might be available from Road Race replicas who manufacture HO scale slot car decals. I know from my time, a few years ago, doing a lot of tjet & AFX bodies that on his Chevrolet sheets there was a lot of contingency decals and more than a few of that were a little bit large.
sanzvictor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Yarbrough at Daytona Reply with quote

Bobby The Cabdriver wrote:
Let's see some pictures! I've got a Benny Parsons 73 championship Chevelle Gathering dust for over 10 years and I could use the inspiration..... and a project then I'm not going to drive myself nuts with scratch building and kitbashing! These little 43rd scale starter kits are pretty cool and they've done a lot of very historic cars over the years.

Here are the pictures from my work, two years ago... the decal problem and other projects put this model on the background.

Interior was redone, now waiting for its roll-cage. Riding heigh adjusted. Rims should also be corrected, the kit is provided with a 5 holes rim, and I expect to have a friend of mine 3D-printing a 9 holes correct ones.

[/quote]

[/quote]
Bobby The Cabdriver

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Yarbrough at Daytona Reply with quote

You're killing me! In another post we were just talkin about curbside 25th scale!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: