Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Donor "glass" for SMH 1976 resin Mercury Montego

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tko24

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Donor "glass" for SMH 1976 resin Mercury Montego Reply with quote

Sorry, one last question for the evening. I pulled out my 1976 Mercury Montego resin body that I purchased from Southern Motorsports Hobbies last year and only just now realized that it didn't come with any vacuformed front or rear windows. Is it designed to use windows from some 1/25 donor kit? Or will they have to somehow be completely built from scratch?
Firefly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made my own for that body from scratch with clear plastic from some packaging. Not too challenging.
..and i might expect that a match for kit glass could be from a '71-'72 Cougar.
tko24

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firefly wrote:
I made my own for that body from scratch with clear plastic from some packaging. Not too challenging.
..and i might expect that a match for kit glass could be from a '71-'72 Cougar.

Thanks for the suggestions. It's a ways down the build queue anyway. I'll figure it out when I get around to it. I sure hope Salvinos Models eventually get to that car.
Bobby The Cabdriver

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: Donor glass Reply with quote

Try using some 010 clear plastic from Evergreen. It's very cheap when you can find it, conforms well to corners and is pretty easy to work with. A mid 70s car, with the windshield supports from the dash to the Halo Bar would make it that much easier and just like doing the lexan windshield in a real race car, just use a piece of cardboard as a template. Have suggestions for Salvino? Contact them and let them know! Even better, buy as many Oldsmobile kits as you can get your hands on, stock up on the Monte Carlo when it comes out, tell your friends and your local independent hobby retailer to order them and let's make them successful! There's a Mopar on the way, but it's going to be a year or so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: