Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bernies Fotoki pics ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Taz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Bernies Fotoki pics ? Reply with quote

I believe this is "Bernies" pic site, a lot of great stuff here.

http://gwadagone.fotki.com/fifties-nascar-pix-/

Ron
24collector(Ron)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of great pictures on there. I think Bernie got kicked off here some years ago.
67 Fairlane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Taz & Ron;

Long time no-see. Glad the site is up and running again. We've got a lot of re-building to do but like others have said if we all pitch-in we can get most of it back.

You both are correct about Bernie's. Yes that's his fotki site and yes he was "ex-communicated" so-to-speak. I recall he suffered some health issues (a heart attack I believe), then shortly thereafter he was no longer a site member.

He's still out there though. I see him pop up on other forums. Hasn't updated his fotki NASCAR page in years though. I think he's moved on to other things.

Jerry
bangor boy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever act of diplomacy it takes, bring him back on board.

Ca, c'est un bon gar.

Can't buy that level of commitment. Or fun.
67 Fairlane

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bangor boy wrote:
Whatever act of diplomacy it takes, bring him back on board.

Ca, c'est un bon gar.

Can't buy that level of commitment. Or fun.

Bernie made some valuable contributions during his short tenure on this board. I do know he is still somewhat active on other car enthusiast boards but since I haven't made any attempt to contact him and based upon a recent look at his Fotki site, he hasn't posted any new NASCAR related pics in nearly a decade.

Contact the Moderators. See if they have any issues with his return.
You can always reach out to Bernie and see if he's even willing to come back.

Just some thoughts.
army1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: Bernies Fotoki pics ? Reply with quote

Taz wrote:
I believe this is "Bernies" pic site, a lot of great stuff here.

Thank you for the link I really enjoyed the photos Threw me back to when I first fell in love with NASCAR

http://gwadagone.fotki.com/fifties-nascar-pix-/

Ron
Indy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bernie posted multiple 1/18 diecast IndyCars here as his 1/25 resin builds with great detail as to what he did to improve the lump of resin body he supposedly started with originally. I do not know the story behind the mods/admins decision but he's been gone about 10 years now.

Afterwards, he was doing similar good reference posting on the Open Wheel Racing Modeling Forum http://mb2501.proboards.com/. Eventually posted someone else's MFH 1967 F1 Eagle build as his own. I never was one good at kicking guys out so I only suspended his account until he fessed up and apologized - he never came back.

Jordan
Bob Hanner
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was doing the same thing here, Thats why he was removed.

Indy wrote:
Eventually posted someone else's MFH 1967 F1 Eagle build as his own. I never was one good at kicking guys out so I only suspended his account until he fessed up and apologized - he never came back.

Jordan
67 Fairlane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Hanner wrote:
He was doing the same thing here, Thats why he was removed.

Indy wrote:
Eventually posted someone else's MFH 1967 F1 Eagle build as his own. I never was one good at kicking guys out so I only suspended his account until he fessed up and apologized - he never came back.

Jordan

Bob & Jordan;

Thanks for clearing that up. While I never knew why he was asked to leave, I figured it was none of my business and trusted that the admin/ mods made a sound decision. I'd rather come here for the information and comraderie and not get into family feuds anyway.

As I've said if anyone wants to view his pics, you can access his Fotki site. He hasn't updated any of his NASCAR stuff in a decade or so, so I think his interests are elsewhere now.

While I wish him well, it's not likely he will return to this board in the foreseeable future. Not without a huge mea culpa on his part.

Done and done.

Jerry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: