Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1/16 scale resin NASCAR bodies and decals?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tko24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: 1/16 scale resin NASCAR bodies and decals? Reply with quote

I'm getting close to finishing up one of my 1/16 Dodge Charger kits as Petty's 1977 Charger using the tires from the 1/16 AMT kits, and I was wondering if there had ever been any 1/16 resin bodies produced for use with the Baker, Petty, or General Lee kits? I would love to be able to build some other 1970's NASCAR car makes using these kits as donors for the chassis. But I've never found resin bodies in that scale. I'd also like to build some other Dodge Chargers raced during the 1970's but I haven't been able to find 1/16 decals for any other Chargers besides Buddy Baker or Richard Petty? Were other bodies or decals ever produced in 1/16 scale?
DaveVan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a Daytona in 1/16 and a conversion kit for the Duke's kit.
I produce a few decals for the 1/16 Dodges.
tko24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
There was a Daytona in 1/16 and a conversion kit for the Duke's kit.
I produce a few decals for the 1/16 Dodges.

Do you have a website that lists your 1/16 decals? What other Charger decals do you produce? I have 2 General Lee and 3 extra Baker/Petty kits that I'd like to use for other drivers that ran the Charger during the 70's. I'm also willing to use the General Lee kits with decals meant for the Dodge Daytonas or Plymouth Superbirds that were run during the 1969-1970 seasons even if not strictly historically correct. I like this scale, I'd like to build these extra kits to add some variety to my 1/16 scale builds.
Barry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: 1/16 Charger decals Reply with quote

Hello tko24
Check out Mikes decals. He has the #5 Neil Bonnet/ J.D. Stacy decals for the 1/16 Petty/Baker kits. They look fantastic on the white body. Just a straight build, no conversion needed. These where ex- # 71 K&K Insurance cars, so I'm not sure if the chassis/interior was repainted white, or left red.You're right, I wish Powerslide would do more decals for these kits. Mike may still have the resin conversion kit to back date the Baker/Petty body. It has the steel wheels, new grill, and 'C' pillar insert. This will allow you to build an earlier Petty built Dodge that Buddy Baker drove. The decals for this car, again by Powerslide, are beautiful.
Hope this helps.
Barry Kennedy
Ontario, Canada
tko24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 1/16 Charger decals Reply with quote

Barry wrote:
Hello tko24
Check out Mikes decals. He has the #5 Neil Bonnet/ J.D. Stacy decals for the 1/16 Petty/Baker kits. They look fantastic on the white body. Just a straight build, no conversion needed. These where ex- # 71 K&K Insurance cars, so I'm not sure if the chassis/interior was repainted white, or left red.You're right, I wish Powerslide would do more decals for these kits. Mike may still have the resin conversion kit to back date the Baker/Petty body. It has the steel wheels, new grill, and 'C' pillar insert. This will allow you to build an earlier Petty built Dodge that Buddy Baker drove. The decals for this car, again by Powerslide, are beautiful.
Hope this helps.
Barry Kennedy
Ontario, Canada

Thanks for the tip, I somehow missed that set on his website. I'm definitely going get that one and add that car to my 1/16 build queue. Unfortunately I only have a few weeks to work on my builds and then will be forced to take a break for several months. I've been battling cancer for the last 13 months, treatable but still difficult to get through the radiation and chemo. I've never smoked or chewed tobacco which has added to my stress level as far as how I ended up with this, but I'll get through it, it's still very treatable but surgery is the only option now. I'm in the Coast Guard, although no longer on active duty having transitioned to the Reserves a couple of years ago, building models is a whole lot easier now that I don't have to worry about packing up and moving every 3-4 years. I had a 3 month reprieve up until 4-5 weeks ago where we thought it was gone, but it turns out it's still there, so I've got a difficult surgery and rehab to get through before I can back to modeling but I'm not going to let that keep me from adding goodies to the stash for my builds. I love the Powerslide decals. I wish more 1/16 scale NASCAR kits had been produced, preferably to Monogram/ Revel standards where the AMT 1980's models are concerned, but I still like those kits too.
Jim N

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: 1/16 Charger decals Reply with quote

[/quote] Thanks for the tip, I somehow missed that set on his website. I'm definitely going get that one and add that car to my 1/16 build queue. Unfortunately I only have a few weeks to work on my builds and then will be forced to take a break for several months. I've been battling cancer for the last 13 months, treatable but still difficult to get through the radiation and chemo. I've never smoked or chewed tobacco which has added to my stress level as far as how I ended up with this, but I'll get through it, it's still very treatable but surgery is the only option now. I'm in the Coast Guard, although no longer on active duty having transitioned to the Reserves a couple of years ago, building models is a whole lot easier now that I don't have to worry about packing up and moving every 3-4 years. I had a 3 month reprieve up until 4-5 weeks ago where we thought it was gone, but it turns out it's still there, so I've got a difficult surgery and rehab to get through before I can back to modeling but I'm not going to let that keep me from adding goodies to the stash for my builds. I love the Powerslide decals. I wish more 1/16 scale NASCAR kits had been produced, preferably to Monogram/ Revel standards where the AMT 1980's models are concerned, but I still like those kits too.[/quote]

Best of luck to you with your treatments.
tko24

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: 1/16 Charger decals Reply with quote

Jim N wrote:
Thanks for the tip, I somehow missed that set on his website. I'm definitely going get that one and add that car to my 1/16 build queue. Unfortunately I only have a few weeks to work on my builds and then will be forced to take a break for several months. I've been battling cancer for the last 13 months, treatable but still difficult to get through the radiation and chemo. I've never smoked or chewed tobacco which has added to my stress level as far as how I ended up with this, but I'll get through it, it's still very treatable but surgery is the only option now. I'm in the Coast Guard, although no longer on active duty having transitioned to the Reserves a couple of years ago, building models is a whole lot easier now that I don't have to worry about packing up and moving every 3-4 years. I had a 3 month reprieve up until 4-5 weeks ago where we thought it was gone, but it turns out it's still there, so I've got a difficult surgery and rehab to get through before I can back to modeling but I'm not going to let that keep me from adding goodies to the stash for my builds. I love the Powerslide decals. I wish more 1/16 scale NASCAR kits had been produced, preferably to Monogram/ Revel standards where the AMT 1980's models are concerned, but I still like those kits too.[/quote]

Best of luck to you with your treatments.[/quote]

Thank you, I'll get through this. I been through tougher things than this cancer, I'll beat this. When I was in treatments before there were many other patients in the infusion clinic with much worse than mine, I always had a strange feeling of guilt, like I wasn't sick enough to be there with them. Sounds like a strange thing to say, but I've heard others tell me the same ting. Some of those very sick patients were my biggest source of strength, always optimistic and trying to make all of the other less sick patients feel better, laughing, telling jokes etc. And of course there's always other patients who are veterans to swap sea stories. So being a cancer patient isn't all bad, just a hurdle to get over. Anyway I want to get back to modeling with my projects real soon. I have 4 of the Salvini Baker kits now, one to build as Baker's gray ghost, Richard Petty's 1980 Daytona 500 Olds 442, and two I'm using as donor kits to use with the 1/25 mpc PEPSI Laguna bodies. And I've already started another 1/16 Charger to use with the 1/16 Powerslide decals that were suggested for me from Mike's Decals. I know it's not likely, but I'd like to see 1/16 become more popular so that maybe we could get more aftermarket stuff for these kits, like resin bodies of other makes to use with the chassis. Maybe have a new resin 1970 Dodge Daytona conversion kit for the 1/16 General Lee body. Not likely I know, but I can wish. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Grayside Racers Corner 1973 - 1989 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: