Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Another Olds in work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Fab Shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarylH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: Another Olds in work Reply with quote

My intent is to start with the Petty winner before going on to the Bash Brothers who danced in turn three.
After knocking down the mold lines I began with the trunk lid. I noticed on pics of the Petty car, and most other Olds', that the rear deck spoiler mount flange was bolted to the top of the trunk rather than the back. Also note that the lower fender behind the rear wheel is much flatter than in the kit.

The depression on the back of the trunk was filled in with plastic sheet. Also, the lower edge of the trunk does not go down to the bumper but is about 3-4 inches above the bumper. I've marked with a pencil where I will scribe it in.

If you take the kit spoiler and sand the mounting surface to about half it's original thickness you'll be able to turner it around and mount it to the top of the trunk lid. The white area on the back of the spoiler is actually a reflection and is not a gap. The rear glass straps are not mounted the way they are molded on any Olds that I've seen so I removed them and will replace them with straps that are parallel with the windows side moldings

I'm waiting for a Petty set of bumpers to arrive before I do any more with the back end. I'll get after the side mods shown by Adam and work my way forward.
AdamtheWayne

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll be happy to know I started casting both sets of bumpers and the seats tonight. I should have them on the way by Friday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Fab Shop All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: