Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mansell's 1993 Indy 500 Ride

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject: Mansell's 1993 Indy 500 Ride Reply with quote

This is one i have had in and out of the box for a few false starts. With the Xmas holidays i thought lets have a crack at it. I always liked these kits and it was a shame they were done as a snap kit, i think if they had of been a glue kit there would have been more traction and maybe we would of had more than the two Lola's?

So this is where i go to last time, sanded the seamlines and painting went well till i had done the black and noticed my white had a small mark in it, i sanded this down and then thought to help the declas i will just shoot a little TS13 onto the body, well i then ended up with the lovely melted paint finish, and this was with a dust coat.

So then a bath in the 99% alcohol and prime again and this is what i am back to.

Paint went on nicely this time..

So decals are my next item.

Managed to get some decals done between being Mr Mum and keeping order in the house. It is nice when you get the kids to bed and there is that quiet time just for you....lol
Decals are Museum Collection which i got with the kit, i have never used them before and found them very easy to work with and i do like that there was basically no carrier film so you do not have to trim tight around the decals.

I have had a chance to finally finish up the decals and now i am working on the suspension arms and engine.

18degrees

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice work, can't wait to see the finished product... "Red 5 standing by" Laughing

maybe seeing a finished formula style car will inspire me to dig out my Tamiya McLaren MP 4/8 out and start work on it...
Gary Davis

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man this really looks GOOD Shunter! Great job on the whole build...especially all the decal work.

I've been a member since 2006
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: