Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need some suggestions with Sam Ards Thomas Bros 65 Chevelle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Need some suggestions with Sam Ards Thomas Bros 65 Chevelle Reply with quote

I am gathering parts for Sam Ards, Thomas Bros 65 Chevelle, I would like to use the AMT Modified Stocker body I will be using aftermarket wheels, tires and roll-cage along with assorted other parts but I am at a loss for the interior tub and my intent is to use the 65 El Camino or Revelle 65 Chevelle for the chassis the later I don't know if it will work or not so I am open to suggestions on that as well. I am hoping some of you have already built the car and can tell me how you did yours to save me a false start or two...
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was me I would use the chassis and floorpan from the AMT '66 (NOT '67, that's the old Lindberg tool) Olds 442. Second choice would be the chassis and floor from the AMT '68 El Camino, it has the shortened floorpan that stops just behind the front seats so it would need the rear firewall to be installed right behind the main cage. Lots of cars in the early '70s were built that way though. Both of those kits have a separate chassis and floorpan, the '66 Olds is identical to what a Chevelle would have used.
hemiman_1999

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tom I looked at that and you are correct and I will be using 66 Chevelle that is a better starting point I never considered that as I thought the 66 was completely different then the 65.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: