Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Free sheet metal!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Firefly

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Free sheet metal! Reply with quote

From the seals of coffee cans, vitamin tablets, yogurt cups, etc. Grear for fabbing aluminum fairings and such. Some have a textured or stamped pattern, which can be burnished flat with a smooth tool. Here I am using a wood sculpting tool. You can see the flat areas where I have burnished.:

Radar43

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Free Sheet Metal Reply with quote

Firefly, I have used that trick myself, it can come in handy. Great tip. Thanks
Petty Fan 43

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got mine off of a peanut can. Smooth. Plan on using it to punch out headlight covers.
JOHN 3:16
john843

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCafe brand coffee in the 30 oz. can has a smooth sheet that is just about the perfect thickness and aluminum look. Their medium roast in the brown can tastes really good too!

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: