Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New roush Yates or ford racing 2017 18 model motors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Campro92

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: New roush Yates or ford racing 2017 18 model motors Reply with quote

When building the new motor I noticed the way it has no distributor for there wires. So when I found the photos of the motor I looked and drilled holes inbetween the headers and then under the carburetor. If you take simple telephone wire ( black is preferable for this motor ) (or paint it) and put glue on either endangered place in either holes after all eight take and pair them together by twos with glue or thread as zip ties. Then you should be done on a simple additive that puts lots of detail into your motor.
18degrees

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: New roush Yates or ford racing 2017 18 model motors Reply with quote

Campro92 wrote:
When building the new motor I noticed the way it has no distributor for there wires. So when I found the photos of the motor I looked and drilled holes inbetween the headers and then under the carburetor. If you take simple telephone wire ( black is preferable for this motor ) (or paint it) and put glue on either endangered place in either holes after all eight take and pair them together by twos with glue or thread as zip ties. Then you should be done on a simple additive that puts lots of detail into your motor.

There is no distributor, they use a coil pack system. Not sure what photo you saw, but the wires start above the valve covers, not below the EFI bowl. When i get a chance, i can post a picture.

I always wondered what gauge of wire to use, thanks for that.
18degrees

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is a pic of the fo' real deal.

and here, above the valve cover (but still attached to it) is where the wire should start, indicated by the hobby knife blade point - sorry for the crappy, out of focus cell phone pic. but you get the point.

Campro92

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:38 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thank you for telling me this I know it goes there and I had put this up befite I saw the actual photos and gandent realized until after I drilled the holes. Also I accept any suggestions and help considering I am 13 and still learning from my dad he used to be on here but stopped a while later right before it crashed. And so now Ive started working on things. Oh and your blaney car I love it. I had thought about making it but then I messed up the fender and decided not to do and just make the Danica car. Hope we can be friends it would be nice to have some help here and there and thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Tips and Tricks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: