Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interior Grey for New Builds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
country modeler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Interior Grey for New Builds Reply with quote

Another Post from Ancient Modeler

Hi All,

I realized that the color used on the Cup car interiors has changed to a much lighter gray than the old Dupont *Dove Gray* that had been used. Even lighter it seemed than the Lt. Charcoal.

Thanks to Mike Beam, we have the paint code in use today! THANKS, MIKE!

"BILL THE PAINT CODE IS - SHERWIN WILLIAMS , GENESIS GC - 32686-A, HOPE THIS HELPS ."

Thanks, again, Mike.
NateJG24

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone doesn't have access to that brand, are there any model paints on the market that are a match? Such as gravity paints, zero paints, model master or tamiya? The chassis almost looks white now days with how light the grey is. I'm going to be starting the 2017 Chase Elliott Chevy and Gordon's 92 Lumina, and I would like some direction as to where to get my hands on a close match to the chassis color. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Taz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamiya AS-20 Insignia White is a close rattle can match.

Ron
country modeler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Tamiya AS-20 Insignia White is a close also, SEM 61113 Chassis Gray is a good match as well.

https://repaintsupply.com/sem-61113-multimax-chassis-gray-p1046.html?utm_source=google-shopping&utm_medium=organic&gclid=Cj0KCQiA2NXTBRDoARIsAJRIvLwKstpRBi7_0QhTPbeWQgHRaI3A705VsQyugF4qxZnl0Syk3-oBAvwaAi51EALw_wcB
drumzzz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamiya AS-20 for me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: