Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

#40 Johnny Mackison info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Undertaker2480

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: #40 Johnny Mackison info Reply with quote

Hey guys! Been a while since I have posted. Wandering if anyone had any information on this car, the 1957 Ford 300 driven by Johnny Mackison, and later by Frank Thompson at the last Daytona Beach and Road Course in 1958. I first saw this car in the November 1987 issue of Circle Track. I fell in love with this car, and have been wanting to model it for years. Now, with the Revell Fireball Roberts Ford, I can. I have since tracked that issue down, as well as the Stock Car Racing issue from the same month/year, with a neat article about the car as well. I have since learned that Mr. Simmons, who is credited with buying the car and having it restored per both articles, has since passed away. I was wandering if there are any other articles out there other than the two I mentioned, or maybe some other photos of the car from your all's collections. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: