Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rookie of the Year Kit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgtate55

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 6:39 am    Post subject: Rookie of the Year Kit Reply with quote

Getting ready to build the ROY kit with the Donleavy/Schrader & Kulwicki Quincy T-Birds...can anybody suggest colors for both cars??? Thanks for any help!!!
BW

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For most of my builds I use the Tamiya TS lacquer line of paint either right out of the spray can or sometimes I'll decant and use them through my airbrush.

For the Donleavy car:
Tamiya TS-19 Metallic Blue? Upon further review, looks like Junie got away from metallic blue because the T-Bird looks more like TS-44 Brillant Blue.
Tamiya TS-49 Bright Red
Tamiya TS-26 Pure White

For the Kulwicki Quincy's T-Bird:
Tamiya TS-47 Chrome Yellow
Tamiya TS-14 Gloss Black

Hope this helps!
Bobby

On second thought, Ken's car doesn't appear metallic blue. Maybe Junie changed his blue? This looks more Like Tamiya TS-44 Brillant Blue.
[img]

Alan's car is definitely the TS-47 Chrome Yellow.
[img]

[/img]
HurricaneDave3

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, there wasn't any metallic on the Schrader car, it was solid blue. Been so long I'm not sure what color it was. I use enamel paints and often take the decals along to a store to match up the closest I can find. I think the hardest two to match up were Wheaties orange and Quaker State/Skoal greens for enamel paints. Good luck in your builds and I can't wait to see them done Very Happy
Richmond purple Uno Buick (done)
Andretti Carfax Impala
LePage Patron Charger
Green Timberwolf Monte
150+ other NASCAR kits
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: