Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

#4 Kodak 1995 with new boom tubes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
18degrees

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 9:01 am    Post subject: #4 Kodak 1995 with new boom tubes Reply with quote

mornin' y'all... a while back a thread popped up on here about a never-produced kit that had boom tube style exhaust. that led to a conversation with another member and i on here that led to 3D printed boom tubes being produced. he made them, i sized them to a slab-sided MC kit that i had already built - ironically enough, the #4 Kodak 1995 Monte Carlo of Sterling Marlin, the team that introduced boom tubes, x pipes, whatever you want to call them to the NASCAR world. test pieces were sent through the mail, pictures were emailed and eventually texted back, measurements were changed... and here is the final result. i am more than happy with what was made. they are awesome.

Henryjint

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely done!!!
Vdc

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They look real good. I watched the McClure vid on YouTube about these exhausts, sounds wild.
Scotty

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2024 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

18,I know you and I went back and forth and after all the work you were doing with the maker, taking measurements and sizing, these turned out GREAT! They look fantastic! I like the rivet heads on them too! So much better than we get in the kit that's for sure! Nice job sir!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: