Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elmo Henderson #70 62 Pontiac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BVAUGHN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:18 pm    Post subject: Elmo Henderson #70 62 Pontiac Reply with quote

Looking for pix of the above car. owned by Paul Clayton in Spartanburg & driven by Elmo Henderson & Bunkie Blackburn among others.
Thanks
Bill
67 Fairlane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Mr. Vaughn... The world already has a "Captain Obvious" so I'm going to nominate you for the title of "Major Obscura"! Laughing

So here's a couple of photos I found. I can't truly identify the driver in the Daytona pic except to say it isn't Bunkie Blackburn. The only photo I found of Elmo Hederson was taken later in life (He's still with us) so I can't say for sure this is him. (Also can't read the name on the car.) I do know that Elmo drove this car in the 1964 Daytona 500 so this is most likely him. Also the color pic might be from the 1963 Darlington race; which would put Bunkie Blackburn at the wheel.

The only time this car wore the #70 in 1963 was at Darlington with Blackburn (photo was dated by Lorenzen's '63 Galaxie) and the only time this car worn the #70 in 1964 was at Daytona during the Qualifying race and the 500.

Best I can do on short notice.

Jerry
BVAUGHN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry
Thanks for pix. Think this is a model I want to build. Haven't seen Elmo in a year or so . Last i heard was not in best of health.Used to hang out at his shop back in the late 70s.he did attend our model car show a couple yeas ago. Glad i got a pix with him.
I am a long way from taking the Mr Obscure title from Wade(Wedge). I am not even in 2nd place. Tony(Falls City) has that spot lol.
Thanks again
Bill
PS : if you find any more pix, please post em!!! Going to post more of the Ford pix i sent you LOL
67 Fairlane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BVAUGHN wrote:
Jerry
Thanks for pix. Think this is a model I want to build. Haven't seen Elmo in a year or so . Last i heard was not in best of health.Used to hang out at his shop back in the late 70s.he did attend our model car show a couple yeas ago. Glad i got a pix with him.
I am a long way from taking the Mr Obscure title from Wade(Wedge). I am not even in 2nd place. Tony(Falls City) has that spot lol.
Thanks again
Bill
PS : if you find any more pix, please post em!!! Going to post more of the Ford pix i sent you LOL

No argument there my friend. But don't sell yourself short. You continually show your obscurity "chops". I think you could hold your own with those other 2 masters!

Thanks.
Jerry
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BVAUGHN wrote:
Jerry
Thanks again
Bill

I think I read on Facebook that Elmo passed a month or two ago but I might have been misinformed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: