Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Davey Allison 1992 Southwest Tour

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ricksmodelkits

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:19 pm    Post subject: Davey Allison 1992 Southwest Tour Reply with quote

Hi, I am trying to find out some more info on the southwest tour cars as I want to make the 7UP car of Allison. The body looks the same as the Revell ASA Thunderbird kits but I'm not sure what chassis they had under them? Would it be the same as ASA or more like a nascar chassis? Any help appreciated
George Andrews

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly closer to a ASA chassis, maybe even with Wide Five aluminum rims; they were legal in NASCAR's Southwest Tour. I don't recall seeing that car or even the race. It could have been a Rent A Ride deal with a Tour team; Garrett Evans ran a Thunderbird in Northwest tour for many years, as did Danny Crafton in SW Tour. Though I attended the NASCAR Cup weekends at Phoenix for the first 10 years ( 1988 - 1997 ), there were several years when I didn't arrive from SoCal until the Saturday night of race weekend. I was also on a limited budget which caused me to " focus " more on the Cup race than preliminary events.

Last edited by George Andrews on Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
18degrees

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at some pics online of the 7up car in question and it sure looks to be very close to the ASA Tbirds that Revellogram made. Wide fives and all. Don’t think anyone would criticize your build if you used a Revell ASA kit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: