Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Testors Primer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skeens43

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:42 pm    Post subject: Testors Primer? Reply with quote

I've been away from the hobby for a while. Can you still get either Testors or Model Master flat white or grey primers? If not, what is the best alternative? I had a love hate with Testors, meaning I didn't like how soft it could dry (fingerprints show easy), yet, if you screwed it up, simple green cleaner could remove it without much trouble (unlike some non-hobby brand paints). What about the Tamiya primers? Just trying to figure it out again. When I was young paint was scarce and you just used what was in dad's workshop. By the 80's and 90's there was an abundance of great hobby paints. Now it seems we've reverted back to where you just scramble to find anything to get by. Thanks for any suggestions.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can get it at hobby lobby but testors is now rustoleum so I don't know if it's the same testors you are used to. I dont think they have tamiya anymore. Probably have to get it at your local hobby shop, if you are lucky enough to have one. The closest hobby shop to me is in downtown Houston about 30 miles from my house and horrible traffic, so basically, I no longer have a hobby shop I can purchase from.
Indy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobby Lobby has Mr Hobby primer and I think Tamiya, too.

Jordan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: