Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fantasy Cup 2024 - Race 4 - Peoria Speedway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razorback 46

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:44 pm    Post subject: Fantasy Cup 2024 - Race 4 - Peoria Speedway Reply with quote

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQoURkhD7b0

DK: The mud is about to fly as the Fantasy Cup Series goes dancing in the dirt in Peoria! Hello everyone, I'm Dave Knight and joining me as always, NASCAR legend Darrell Waltrip. Welcome to the Peoria Speedway for the Fram 100.

DW: Dave, this is the 2nd dirt race of the year but I think the excitement in the pits is even higher that it was 2 weeks ago. Pretty sure they've not had enough yet.

DK: Indeed, DW. I think the drivers love this style of racing as much if not more than the pavement. And with that, let's go trackside.

Ladies and gentlemen, please rise and remove your hats as we honor America with the singing of our national anthem!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvf81y3lTUw

And now with the most famouse words in motorsports, please welcome our Grand Marshal, 2005 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series champion, Ted Musgrave!

TM: Lady and Gentlemen, start your engines!

Green Flag

DW: Boogity boogity boogity! Let's go racin'!

DK: Lee "Spud" Loggins leads the field as they skate sideways into turns 1 and 2. He'll carry a pretty good advantage over Blank in the 97 down the back stretch before pitching his Oldsmobile into the 3rd turn.

DW: Looks like Hollywood got a good jump too. She's up 2 spots from the back.

DK: Out of turn 4. Loggins leads the opening lap.

Lap 13

DK: Phil N. Blank throws his Ford down the banking in turn 2. Loggins gets loose. Blank to the point heading to the 3rd turn!

Lap 30

DW: Oh no! Spin in turn 1!

DK: The leaders were doing a little jousting there and loop around at the apex. Both cars are going again but the yellow flies for the first time today.

Lap 47

DW: Dave take a look at this! Hilton's been picking off the field from the get-go. She's up to 3rd!

DK: The young lady from Mocksville, North Carolina, now stalking Keith Wallace while her boss JR Sealey leads the Fram 100.

Lap 78

DK: And Hilton goes to the bottom. Can't dispose of Wallace as they have reeled in the 46 of Sealey. In the 3rd turn now. It's a 3 car train. Keith Wallace rockets into the corner. He'll take the top spot from Sealey with Hilton in tow. She assumes 2nd!

Lap 91

DW: Trouble in turn 2! The 6 is in the fence!

DK: Rattlecan Dan's Thunderbird just took a hard shot into the outside wall!

DW: And that came out of nowhere. That thing just snapped to the right.

DK: Radio communication says Dan heard something break in the right front. Tough day for the points leader going into this race.

White Flag

DK: And there's one lap to go! Keith Wallace has been making a snooze of the last part of this race. He's now coming out of turn 2. No pressure from the 27 of Hilton as he has kept his Ford planted to this track like a slot car. Through turns 3 and 4, puts a little more distance on Hilton and comes to the line to win the Fram 100 at Peoria!

DW: That's how a champion does it! Keeps a cool head and runs it smooth to the finish.

DK: And that win propels Wallace to the points lead with his 2nd in a row in 2024. Huge effort by that Brewdog Motorsports team.

1. 23 - Keith Wallace
2. 27 - Amy Hilton
3. 46 - JR Sealey
4. 26 - Tim Wallace
5. 97 - Phil N. Blank
6. 96 - Lee Loggins
7. 11 - Doozle Dorf
8. 14 - Ken Wallace (-1)
9. 17 - Sheldon Hatterfield (-2)
10. 6 - Rattlecan Dan (Out)

DK: And that wraps things up for us in Peoria. For Darrell Waltrip, I'm Dave Knight. We'll see you next week in West Virginia for the Wrangler 100!

Rattlecan Dan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to the #23 team and Keith Wallace. My crew are still trying to figure out what broke in the front end, and sent me into the wall.
Keith Wallace

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a great car for the second week in a row. Took the teams to Pizza Hut for beer and pizza. (I'm the cheapest owner !)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: