Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New stuff on Mike’s “coming soon” tab

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
18degrees

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:14 pm    Post subject: New stuff on Mike’s “coming soon” tab Reply with quote

Was looking at Mike’s Decals last night and he has posted some new stuff on his coming soon tab, and 2 things stood out- he’s producing some sort of gasser sheet, didn’t know he did drag racing stuff… wonder who put him up to that… kinda like Clay Kemp and the sprint car sheets that Mike has produced.

But the GREAT one is a 1992-1995 #6 Valvoline sheet, that really gets me going. Definitely gonna do the 92 and 93 versions, may take a stab at the 94 and 95 if i can find a mail slot kit that doesn’t have a warped body
Vdc

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That #6 is a great choice and I wonder on which other 90's T-Bird schemes he may consider. The #21 Citgo perhaps or the even earlier Zerex.

And the Hot Wheels, I'll buy. Good to have a Carto' printed sheet for that bodyshape.
chitownbri

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Vdc"]That #6 is a great choice and I wonder on which other 90's T-Bird schemes he may consider. The #21 Citgo perhaps or the even earlier Zerex.

Would be nice to see some Bud Moore Motorcraft Tbirds as well.
Papadoc

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: New stuff on Mike’s “coming soon” tab Reply with quote

18degrees wrote:
Was looking at Mike’s Decals last night and he has posted some new stuff on his coming soon tab, and 2 things stood out- he’s producing some sort of gasser sheet, didn’t know he did drag racing stuff… wonder who put him up to that… kinda like Clay Kemp and the sprint car sheets that Mike has produced.

But the GREAT one is a 1992-1995 #6 Valvoline sheet, that really gets me going. Definitely gonna do the 92 and 93 versions, may take a stab at the 94 and 95 if i can find a mail slot kit that doesn’t have a warped body

Does that gasser sheet look like the Tom Daniel Badman model? I'm not too familiar if that was just a Tom Daniel design or not, but I am a TD collector so I am all in!

Also--- STREN!!!! I really want to do that car. Super excited and I may already have the perfect donor.

I never did any Mark Martin cars as a kid because I hated ford.. I am super excited to get into that too!

Thanks for pointing it all out
Scotty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished my 92 Valvoline t-bird with Marks great MPRMPR decals. It came out great! And of course, as always, my timing is impeccable now with Mike producing his great Powerslide sheet of Marks cars. But now I have an excuse to get rid of my Slixx sheet of my 95 I'm building and wait for this sheet! This is really a great sheet coming out, really excited about this one!

I am also building the camo version of the Remington car for a friend of mine who is a gun collector and enthusiast. The neon orange striping will be nice to have and use instead of taping off and painting. On those decals, they have the number in the camo decals. I can just cut out the numbers and replace with the Powerslide version and all will match up. This will be a huge win for me!
TN Vols fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always liked the #75 Rahmoc car's, although by the time Stren and Remington came along I guess that it was just Butch Mock Motorsports. As an avid bass angler, I've used my share of Stren monofilament line in the past. I'll most likely be getting those decals.

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" quote from The Compleat Angler, lzzak Walton 1654
Vdc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that scheme deserves to be posted, the red and white car.

See the cowl, a matte red for less glare? And the spoiler, not as wide as in the kits.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vdc wrote:

See the cowl, a matte red for less glare? And the spoiler, not as wide as in the kits.

Yes, that's a very good-looking livery
bighoo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkJ wrote:
Vdc wrote:

Yes, that's a very good-looking livery

I’d be in for a set of these also.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: