Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bobby Allison 64 Chevelle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hobbyguy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Bobby Allison 64 Chevelle Reply with quote

Hi I am going to be building Bobby Allison's 64 Chevelle i was trying to decide which wheels and tires to use? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
john843

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you're talking about the #2 red and white. If that's the case I'd suggest the PPP Holman-Moody 9" wheels and mid-late '60s Goodyears (almost every picture I've seen of it has Goodyears), either PPP or some of the older MPCs.
The only '64-'65 Chevelle that I've done, (local guy) I used a set of the hollow AMT tires that came in all the '90 stock car kits. Those are a little finicky around the bead sometimes as the same set of 4 wheels will fit nicely in two of them and almost fall thru the other two. They can look pretty realistic though, with a little massaging.

John
hobbyguy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Darkside Racers Corner 1948 - 1972 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: