Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Make sure you also post your models on....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Hanner
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:57 pm    Post subject: Make sure you also post your models on.... Reply with quote

Make sure you also post your models on Randy's new facebook page. We have 800+ members over there looking forward to seeing your creations.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/245143375115621
DaveVan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO Facespace allowed here at my house. I really hate how this site is slowly being abandoned by those in charge. I can go on for a long time as to why FB is a no go. Those that want to use it.....go for it. I NEVER will. If this site is taken down.......one less site I will visit daily. Thanks
Crime Dog

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
NO Facespace allowed here at my house. I really hate how this site is slowly being abandoned by those in charge. I can go on for a long time as to why FB is a no go. Those that want to use it.....go for it. I NEVER will. If this site is taken down.......one less site I will visit daily. Thanks

Not sure how this went from an invitation to visit on Facebook to the site is being taken down.

I get your frustration with the lack of activity here, and I totally get your aversion to Facebook, I'm not that fond of it either.

I think the post was simply a reminder to those of us who use both.

Frankly my issue with facebook is more about it's lack of user friendliness than anything else.

not picking a fight, just an observation.
TN Vols fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:

I'm with you DaveVan

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" quote from The Compleat Angler, lzzak Walton 1654
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Frankly my issue with facebook is more about it's lack of user friendliness than anything else.

I think you will find the moderators on the Facebook page (which I am one) will not tolerate any BS. We have pretty tight controls in place due to some purveyors of undesirable content. Every user is screened and every "first post" by a user must be approved by a moderator. If you are a known user from the PHPBB site we pre-approve any of your posts and FB does a pretty good job of alerting moderators to potential spam and keeps it locked in the bullpen until approved or removed.
Papadoc

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the move to Facebook and how much better that medium is at attracting people. Maybe someday I will get on there. But I love this little board and I'll be here until the very end!
jh63fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papadoc wrote:
But I love this little board and I'll be here until the very end!

Amen !
bighoo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jh63fan wrote:
Papadoc wrote:
But I love this little board and I'll be here until the very end!

Amen !

..agree ..agree ..agree ..agree
MarkJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like there has been less activity here then there use to be since the Facebook deal was started. I think some people have just decided to do that and not post here anymore. I'm staying right here. I will never join Facebook. I just hope this site doesn't go away again. I lost a lot of wips here when that happened. Thats why all my wips are at Model Car Magazine now which I don't see going away, unless the magazine folds like Scale Auto did.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..agree ..agree ..agree
jh63fan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Mark, there has been a lot less going on here since the Facebook thing started.
I have always tried to help everyone I could by responding and asking some questions myself, but I need to learn how to post photos so I can contribute more. I have an idea or two for some threads that would involve others.
Bob Hanner
Site Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a big decline in traffic here long before i tried the facebook page. We have been on the decline for at least the last year and a half. maybe longer.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob Hanner wrote:
There was a big decline in traffic here long before i tried the facebook page. We have been on the decline for at least the last year and a half. maybe longer.

Pretty much happening across the net. ALL sites that I have been a member of for last 20 years have seen a big decline. Change is the only constant.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the young guys coming up don't want to spend a couple of weeks or even a couple of days if they are really fast, building a model car that they can be proud of. Apparently, they need instant gratification. So, they just buy diecasts. To me the journey of building something from just a pile of styrene shapes into an actual object that looks like the pictures of cars that I would have liked to have seen in person even though they are 1/24 or 1/25 scaled down from that original car is the best part of modeling. and I really like every now and then grabbing a model that I might have built a couple of years ago off the shelf and just sitting down and holding it and looking at it from different angles. Oh well, to each his own.
Rattlecan Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote " No Country for Old Men" "You can't stop what's coming." I very much agree with your feelings and philosophy on styrene scale auto modeling.
I'm so (old school) I try to fabricate (out of styrene) anything that I feel is necessary that didn't come in the kit. I sometimes begrudgingly compliment a good looking mostly made of computer-generated, photo-etched, add on wheels and parts (more expensive than the kit) builds. Forgive my Dinosaur tears. I feel and sound old.
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way I see it, there is room for everyone. If you want to strip diecasts then good for you. They make cool looking models. If you want to build box stock, have at it, they make cool looking models. If you want to make your own parts from styrene, do it!! They make cool looking models. Same thing with 3D printed, they make cool looking models. My point is that no matter how you get there, there can me some nice results. Do your own thing and be happy that we can STILL be doing it. (stepping off soapbox).
Rattlecan Dan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking time to reflect on my unnecessary post on the good old-fashioned methods of modeling, I feel sorry and hypocritical for my comments. I am more inclined to agree with your whatever floats your boat and gets you the desired results is all that counts approach. I totally got distracted from the topic. I truly hope this forum maintains its integrity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: