Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rattlecan Dan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:57 am    Post subject: New member Reply with quote

Hello.
Dennis O
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is some fine work!!! Well done.
spooker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dennis O wrote:
That is some fine work!!! Well done.

I agree wholeheartedly! Any back story to this one? Real car or fantasy, parts used, scratchbuilt stuff, recent build or survivor, etc?
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, talk about weathering that is just perfect to actually make the model look like a shrunk down version of the real thing. This is modeling at the highest level. Bravo.
TN Vols fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rattlecan Dan, That is one of the the nicest models I've seen. Like other's have already mentioned, your weathering, the whole package is just spot on. I noted the worn out tires. Well done sir!

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" quote from The Compleat Angler, lzzak Walton 1654
Rattlecan Dan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:54 am    Post subject: Hello to all. Reply with quote

Thanks very much for the kind words, compliments and comments. As this was my first posting, I showed a build I did for my younger brother. I put an MPC 34 Slammer on an AMT 34 Pickup chassis, flathead engine and radiator and radiator cowl. I had to fabricate the coupe body dash, cowl, and firewall as well as rear wheel wells. Tires are PPP and artillery wheels are from Ron Coon Resins. I used a Steve Guthmiller post of weathering technique. Added some pastels dusting. Paint is Tamiya TS-31 Ocean Grey. Car is fantasy old time fairgrounds stockcar. Glad you liked it. Hope to post some more MPC Modifieds I was inspired to build after viewing some of Raisin's work and postings.
bighoo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard - that’s one impressive build you have there. Looking forward to seeing more.
TonyK

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This looks great!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: