Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why is nobody...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1fozziebear

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:45 am    Post subject: Why is nobody... Reply with quote

Resin casting the ASA Camaro bodies? We have all kinds of other options for NASCAR bodies. It's commonly stated how much we miss these kits. I don't get it. A chassis can be made to work for a nice shelf / curbside build. There are plenty of aftermarket decals availabl from Speedway. I just don't get why a Montego that only 1 driver anyone cares about drove while a whole class everyone is asking for goes unserviced??

Yes, kind of a rant. But $50 is the minimum rate it seems for these kits nowadays. I have lots of AMT chassis that need something to be put under.
wildbill72

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..agree

WILD Bill Motorsports, LLC
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They just rereleased the gen 3 1985 Revell Camaro kit which is going to be my next build, but it won't be an ASA car. I'm sure your amt chassis will work well ubder one of these 1/24 scale bodies and its styrene too. I just saw one the other day at my local Hobby Lobby that had not been picked up yet.
18degrees

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarkJ wrote:
They just rereleased the gen 3 1985 Revell Camaro kit which is going to be my next build, but it won't be an ASA car. I'm sure your amt chassis will work well ubder one of these 1/24 scale bodies and its styrene too. I just saw one the other day at my local Hobby Lobby that had not been picked up yet.

Who is “they”? Please elaborate
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

18degrees wrote:
MarkJ wrote:

Who is “they”? Please elaborate

Revell
18degrees

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just notice that the initial post about the Camaro reissue said “Revell”.

Is it the street Camaro or a race version, a la ASA?
1fozziebear

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The initial post is specific to the ASA bodies. The street body would work if something better didn't exist. However the hood is incorrect, the body is different. I mean I am now buying up the True Value camaros for other projects, but those are toys. Very heavy and thick bodies, crappy glass, very wide and deep seams.

It seams like this would be a better use of silicone than a Montego, 1984 Cutlass, lumina body and multiple others. Not trying to offend just don't see the economics of it and don't have the skill to fill the gap.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

18degrees wrote:
I just notice that the initial post about the Camaro reissue said “Revell”.

Is it the street Camaro or a race version, a la ASA?

It's definitely the street Camaro but it will be fine for the car I will be building.
MarkJ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the kit. It will actually work better for the model I'm building then an ASA camaro would.

Pat Redmond
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1fozziebear wrote:
The initial post is specific to the ASA bodies. The street body would work if something better didn't exist. However the hood is incorrect, the body is different. I mean I am now buying up the True Value camaros for other projects, but those are toys. Very heavy and thick bodies, crappy glass, very wide and deep seams.

It seams like this would be a better use of silicone than a Montego, 1984 Cutlass, lumina body and multiple others. Not trying to offend just don't see the economics of it and don't have the skill to fill the gap.

Cup and IndyCar are SJRM's focus right now.
DaveVan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do wonder if Atlantis has the ASA tooling......it was never sent to China......so they should have it. Send them a note saying you want ASA kits.
1fozziebear

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done.
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveVan wrote:
I do wonder if Atlantis has the ASA tooling......it was never sent to China......so they should have it. Send them a note saying you want ASA kits.

Those molds were never beaten to death with multiple reissues either, there was just a 3-4 year production run then gone. Never converted into anything else either. I suppose it's possible the mold inserts were pulled and the mold bases used for something else, if so it would be a shame.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: