Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NASCAR Hall of Fame Nominees

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
George Andrews

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:25 pm    Post subject: NASCAR Hall of Fame Nominees Reply with quote

It's that time again, The nominees for The NASCAR Hall of Fame. In the " Modern Era " category, I'm going with Neil Bonnett, Harry Gant, Ricky Rudd, Larry Phillips, & Sam Ard.
In the Old Timers category, It HAS TO BE BANJO MATTHEWS & RALPH MOODY !!! And Dr. Joe Mattioli for promoters.
No offense to Jimmy Johnson, as I know he will be enshrined in the HofF soon enough, AFTER he retires. Neil, Ricky, and " Handsome Harry " were not big winners ( though Rudd's 23 Cup wins did include at least one win for Sixteen consecutive years ), but they were all SOOO Likeable, while Larry & Sam were stand - out winners in their chosen Series.
And let's FINALLY give Banjo & Ralph the credit they so richly deserve for bringing NASCAR Stock Cars into the Modern Era. Not only Faster Cars, but SAFER CARS TOO !!!
Dr. Mattioli did the Next-to-Impossible for many years : Run a successful Superspeedway Outside the grasp of France or Smith. AND... my dad & I were delighted to find Kielbasa & Cheesesteaks at the concession stand, when we visited Pocono Speedway in 1992 !!! Razz

Last edited by George Andrews on Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total
bangor boy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on results, stats and any other metric, Moody, Johnson and Knaus utterly dwarf their competitors in their respective categories.

I could definitely support Mattioli. Pocono's far from the best track to watch a race but it is a good time overall.

Boom. Done.

Banjo, Rudd and Gant should be in the hall someday soon enough. Don't think Donnie Allison has done enough beyond being a 'good ol' boy.' And a well connected brother of an Alabama legend. Yeah, harsh. But fair.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Social Hall All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: