Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2007 David Reutimann #00 Dominos Toyota

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 12:45 am    Post subject: 2007 David Reutimann #00 Dominos Toyota Reply with quote

This is the first Toyota I've built, although it won't be the last now that Salvinos has issued the current one. The body is resin, and I don't remember who cast it- it was somebody on this forum, I know that much. This was a project I didn't think would ever get completed because I didn't have the skills needed to fix the body back in 2007 when I started the build, but now I do...although you can see the body is still flawed in some places. and by flawed I mean broken. It was shipped in a box too small for it and damaged by that. The roof broke in three places and the fender is cracked. The fix in the roof broke again during decaling, too.

Paint is Tamiya Mica blue, decals are Pattos' copy of Powerslide, which I tried to use but they shattered.

Wheels were plated by Chrome Tech USA, and the wheels and tires were actually done back in 2007! Side quarter windows are scratchbuilt.
elcejay

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe my attention to detail is not what it used to be, but I saw no flaws in the body before I read your comments, Billy. Great build of a lovely car. I have said this in comments to another build of yours, mate - I love how you share the warts-and-all builds. Keep them coming, please. I have seen your blog, and I know you build at about 20-times the rate I do, and the quality is no worse for it! You inspire me!
Henryjint

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely done!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: