Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fantasy Cup 2023 - Race 5 - Lime Rock Park

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razorback 46

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:36 pm    Post subject: Fantasy Cup 2023 - Race 5 - Lime Rock Park Reply with quote

Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnwqUEelQjE

DK: The road to the 2023 Fantasy Cup championship has set its course to Lime Rock Park. 66 laps will make up the Camping World 101 at this 1.53 mile facility. Hello again, I'm Dave Knight and joining me as always, NASCAR great Darrell Waltrip.

DW: Dave, we only run one road course a year in Fantasy Cup but it seems like more often than not, we end up with the same excitement we'll see on the small ovals.

DK: And with that, we go trackside for the opening ceremony.

Ladies and gentlemen, please rise and remove your hats for the singing of our national anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkfGClpS_oc

And now, race fans, it's time for the most famous words in motorsports. Please welcome our grand marshal, Camping World CEO, Marcus Lemonis.

ML: Drivers, start your engines!

Green Flag

DW: Boogity boogity boogity! Let's go road racin'!!

DK: Lee Loggins gets a nice start and clears Tim Wallace as they approach the first turn. He has a smooth ride through 1 and 2.

DW: We had a bit of a log jam a little further back though. Keith Wallace got around on the outside while Hatterfield and Linda Lou both got a little sideways on the inside. Nice job by the 2020 champ.

DK: The leaders now making their way uphill towards turn 5. Loggins holding serve by about 2 car lengths over Tim Wallace. Bill Godlewski has a mirror full of the Buick of Amy Hilton.

DW: And Keith Wallace just picked off another spot from his son Ken.

DK: Dad showing him how it's done as now Ken is trying to fend off the attack of Linda Lou Godlewski. He'll hold her at bay for now. Lee Loggins now approaching turn 7. Clear sailing he'll have no problem bringing the Uno Chevy to the line to lead the opening lap.

Lap 22

DW: Wild Bill's reeled ol' Spud in and he's gonna try the inside in 4. Ooh can't make it stick.

DK: And how about Keith Wallace. He just picked up the 4th position from his other son, 2-time champion Tim Wallace.

Lap 35

DK: And a smoker in turn 5. That's the leader Lee Loggins! And Bill Godlewski out of control. He spins it into the barrier. Smoke still billowing from the pipes of the 04 of Loggins. What a heartbreak for that team. Sat on the pole and now apparently the engine has let go on his automobile.

DW: And Bill Godlewski's got the net down on his car. He's getting out to wait on the safety crew. Looks like he may have gotten in Lee's oil.

Lap 59

DK: And the leader Amy Hilton, first time winner 2 weeks ago, is now being challenged by the 23 of Keith Wallace. What a performance today by the patriarch of the Brewdog Motorsports family. He's come from dead last on the starting grid and he'll draw side-by-side with Hilton in turn 7. He's got a slight advantage as they come to the line.

White Flag

DK: And the white flag is out. One lap to go. Keith Wallace has put on a clinic of patience and perseverance throughout this event. He'll exit turn 2 with a 4 car length advantage over Amy Hilton. The 11 of Tim Wallace a few more car lengths back in 3rd.

DW: Dave, Keith avoided a hairy situation early on and has picked off the field one by one after that.

DK: Hilton now about 6 car lengths behind as Wallace approaches turn 5. He's going to maybe lose a little bit at the exit but still has a lot of clear asphalt behind him.

DW: And looks like T's closed the gap between him and Hollywood. He's right on the bumper of that 3 car. She's not giving an inch though. She's gonna open it back up a bit. Nice try by 2-time but can't make it stick.

DK: And now, Keith Wallace sails through turn 7. He won't be challenged as he brings it down to the line to win the Camping World 101 at Lime Rock Park!

1. 23 - Keith Wallace
2. 3 - Amy Hilton
3. 11 - Tim Wallace
4. 46 - JR Sealey
5. 17 - Sheldon Hatterfield
6. 56 - Linda Lou Godlewski
7. 26 - Ken Wallace
8. 04 - Lee Loggins (Out)
9. 72 - Bill Godlewski (Out)

DK: And as we look at the point standings, Sheldon Hatterfield maintains the advantage over Linda Lou Godlewski by 9 points. Next week the Fantasy Cup Series goes back to the dirt at Smoky Mountain Speedway for the Burger King 100. For Darrell Waltrip, I'm Dave Knight. Thank you for joining us for today's event and we'll see you next time.

Keith Wallace

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess my team found me some speed after all. And AC/DC makes me drive faster !
18degrees

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith Wallace wrote:
I guess my team found me some speed after all. And AC/DC makes me drive faster !

Personally i woulda listened to the Springsteen channel the whole raceā€¦ but seems that whatever you did worked well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: