Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

#15 Levi Garrett BGN Ventura

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catpack68

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:10 pm    Post subject: #15 Levi Garrett BGN Ventura Reply with quote

Does anyone know the engine CI is on the hood? Hard to tell in these 2 pictures.Also,does anyone know what color of the roll cage/chassis? Looks grey in both pics.Just found a random box in my stash with everything to do this car including the resin body

catpack68

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another pic I found. Tim Richmond driving when he won the BGN race at Charlotte in May of 86.I cannot remember if he was driving the Nova or the Ventura. Interior looks gray in this picture.
CRANMAN1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres pic i took at hendricks of course proberly restored car with yellow. the other pic looks black to me if look at bars in side window look black to me. but i would imagine gray or black would been the colors

jjsipes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of Tim Richmond pics

catpack68

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the extra pics and info. I wasn’t sure if Tim drove a Ventura or a Nova in that race.I will probably do a black or grey chassis.Got a couple other cars to knock out before I start on this one.The resin body I have is a Ventura.
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catpack68 wrote:
Another pic I found. Tim Richmond driving when he won the BGN race at Charlotte in May of 86.I cannot remember if he was driving the Nova or the Ventura. Interior looks gray in this picture.

Looks like 311 C.I. in that photo. Those 311 engines were popular in Super Late Models before the V6 engines.
catpack68

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info Tom👍 it was really hard to make out in those pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Reference Photo's - Paint and Color Matching All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: