Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1/16 petty charger question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badfoot

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: 1/16 petty charger question Reply with quote

I just bought a clear body petty charger kit off ebay today ...was quite an expense tho not as high priced as I have seen them go for. the box was trashed tho the contents inside are still sealed and supposed to be mint condition. the body does not look broken and the seller said its mint and not broken. I paid $138 for it and that includes the shipping cost .

I know the repop of the petty charger has a molded gray chassis cause I have several . I have a clear petty charger and as far as I know mpc only casted the petty car with a gray chassis and the baker car chassis was casted in black only as far as I know. someone may need to school me on this.

well my question is this? could mpc ever casted the chassis in white plastic on the petty car ...or the baker car?

if so is it any more rare that it is white? or worth any more ?

I guess all I can do is wait to see when I get it what color its casted in. thanks for the info that you can provide

BVAUGHN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My chassis for clear Petty car was grey, Baker black. Not sure on repop of Petty & Baker car what color chassis had Have one of each but never opened
Bill
spooker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the open reissues I have seen have been grey, both Petty and Baker.

Brian
tlaferri

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: petty charger Reply with quote

I believe they did two runs of the clear body kit- the first run had the flat sided front fenders (no flare) and its chassis was cast in gray. the second issue had the flared front fenders (like in your pic) and may have been cast with the white chassis, as I recall the flares were a carry over from the Baker or maybe the street charger version. Am sure others on here can clarify though
badfoot

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the info...I never knew of 2 runs of the kit being done and never knew a flat fender car existed....well it gonna be sitting at my door sometime tomarrow so I can finally see if its white or gray
tlaferri

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:11 pm    Post subject: petty charger Reply with quote

This is a pic of one I was restoring a while back with the non flared fenders style body

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: