Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My question of the day...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nengelman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:03 pm    Post subject: My question of the day... Reply with quote

Regarding the NASCAR LMS division of the 60s and 70s; it had always been my understanding that there was a 10-year model eligibility rule. Can anyone confirm if this is correct? As an example, what is the earliest and latest years the 1966 Chevelle body could be used?

Thanks!
hawk22

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that was the rule although I have never seen the rule book. When the LMS series became more of a national
series like it is today, the rule was changed to a three year minimum, probably around 1980.
The local track were I lived ran a NASCAR sanction on & off but generally always followed the NASCAR rules.
Late model Chevelles were dominant in the 70's, as most of the 55 Chevy bodies were replaced.

This is a model I did of a driver named Wayne Suggart. He was a hard charger Florida driver for 40 or so years.
This 66 Chevelle was typical of a Florida late model of the 70's...

Henryjint

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done!!
Tom M.
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For NASCAR sanctioned tracks a Late Model Sportsman had to be at least 3 model years old, so 1969 was the first year the '66 was eligible for LMS.
nengelman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hawk22 and Tom, I'm having random log-in issues to this site that have prevented me from responding sooner, but thank you both for confirming my understanding of the LMS model year eligibility rule!

Neal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Road Racers, Drag Racers, Open Wheels, Modifieds, Late Models, ect All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: