Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1984 Geoff Bodine All Star Racing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt McNally

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:19 pm    Post subject: 1984 Geoff Bodine All Star Racing Reply with quote

Geoff Bodine's 1984 All Star Racing Monte Carlo. Years ago I accidentally built up a gray chassis with the chrome 5 slot rims for a project and didn't realize that the car I was building at the time needed a different color chassis. I set the incorrect chassis aside and started looking for a GM car to use the chassis under. I found a reference photo of this car running the gray chassis and 5 slots so I used that photo and some Powerslide decals to build this car. As I was decalling it I learned that these cars ran 4 or 5 red stripes on the side, the car I was replicating ran the 5th stripe. the PowerSlide decals only have 4 stripes to I added the 5th stripe from some spare decals. Also needed to add the top white stripe on the star and change up the contigencies to match the photo. Not an exact match but pretty close.

Matt McNally

Last edited by Matt McNally on Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Henryjint

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely done! Great stance.
George Andrews

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice build; however that car was from 1984, not 1981. Also wondering about the Blue-ish All Star Racing lettering on the rear fenders; the normal lettering was red. Maybe it was a 1-race-only deal, like the Honda Cars of Corona lettering on Geoff's Riverside - winning car of Nov. 1985. The red pinstriping was awesome!

Last edited by George Andrews on Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
SkoalPerce

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. Good job on the correct '84-ish front valance.
TN Vols fan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent build!!! I remember the All Star Racing cars.

"I am, Sir, a brother of the angle" quote from The Compleat Angler, lzzak Walton 1654
Matt McNally

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

George Andrews wrote:
Nice build; however that car was from 1984, not 1981. Also wondering about the Blue-ish All Star Racing lettering on the rear fenders. Maybe it was a 1-race-only deal, like the Honda Cars of Corona lettering on Geoff's Riverside - winning car of 1985.

Thanks for the correction on the year. I've updated the post to be more accurate and will need to edit my website later to correct those pages. As for the blue all star lettering, I have no idea. It was hard to tell when looking at the reference photos if it should be blue or black so I just went with what came on the decal sheet.

Matt McNally
68GTFastback

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:29 pm    Post subject: Excellent Reply with quote

This is an excellent build. It takes a steady hand, patience, and expertise to do those paper thin red stripes. You nailed them!
bighoo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks great Matt - beautiful work
elcejay

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet build Matt.
Shepard327

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet Looking Build!!!!
Geoff was a no Bs driver. They had the in car camera in his car when as Benny P said Oh Geoff is communicating his displeasure at his fellow driver. Kyle's not the first driver to show the double bird Laughing
MarkJ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Excellent build, Matt. Always like your quest to get things correct. You nailed it again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: