Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Honey Crunch Corn Flakes Monte Carlo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Old Coyote

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:57 pm    Post subject: The Honey Crunch Corn Flakes Monte Carlo Reply with quote

... The Kellogg's Honey Crunch Corn Flakes Monte Carlo ... owned by Rick Hendrick and driven by Terry Labonte ... winner of the fall Charlotte race in Terry's second Nascar championship year of 1996 ...

jh63fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, those decals had to be a joy to apply also.
mach2mickey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No hill for a climber, huh OC? For the decals.

BEAUTIFUL.
Racer14

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice build! Those decals really pop.
Henryjint

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nicely done!!!
Matt McNally

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice build and one of my favorite Terry schemes - one that I hope to attempt someday. Whose decals did you use for your build? I have 2 sets from different makers for my build and am curious which ones you used as they look like a really good match for the car.

Thanks

Matt McNally
Old Coyote

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt McNally wrote:
Nice build and one of my favorite Terry schemes - one that I hope to attempt someday. Whose decals did you use for your build? I have 2 sets from different makers for my build and am curious which ones you used as they look like a really good match for the car.

Thanks

Matt McNally

Matt,

At the time I built my model, this set was the only one available to do the Honey Crunch Corn Flakes car. A second set, done by Nascals came out later. I have that set also but haven't tried building another car with the Nascals decals. The Nascals set is quite different from the one I used, and can be immediately distiniguished by the blue front hood stripe versus the red stripe on the decals I used. Also, the Nascals set uses separate decals for the the hood and fender stripes and the "Kellogg's Honey Crunch Corn Flakes" lettering and logo. All that was combined into one big decal on the set I used.

I'm sorry I can't remember who made the decals I used for my build. With my old mind I'm doing good to remember what I had for breakfast. I will say that the sheet I used required some touch up work with hand mixed paints. The biggest problem was the decal which went under the upper grille and was supposed to cover the headlight areas. It did not fit the model at all and required a major touch-up procedure (see the picture below). The other decals fit the model quite well.

As I said, I have a second set of the decals I used for my build, but they have no identification on them. Wish I could help you more. If you have any more questions, I'll be happy to try to answer them.

Take care sir.

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> The Showroom All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: