Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salvino’s Next Gen Camaro building tips/upgrades?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawgvet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2022 10:15 pm    Post subject: Salvino’s Next Gen Camaro building tips/upgrades? Reply with quote

I was just wondering if anyone had done any mods, upgrades, or detailing of the Salvino’s Next Gen cars? Seems all I have seen have been built box stock. Just wondering what mods, other than fixing the drivers roof rail, that guys are doing to upgrade this kit?
Thanks
Jed
jwhop3

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to add plug wires and still clear the steering shaft, and also add wiring and linkage to the Holley EFI. I added wiring and ECU fans to the McLaren ECU and printed a dash cover. I added wiring to the pedal assembly and the digital dash. Next up, wiring the BSI receiver on the rear firewall.

Refer to issue#214 Model Cars for a great reference article on the Nextgen kit and the real life car. Also there is a great reference video on Eric Estepp's youtube channel where he tours the BJ McLoud shop and gets inside the car.
martinfan

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2023 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a lot reference photos Ive been collecting.
https://public.fotki.com/Jws926/nascar-nextgen-ref-pics/
MarkJ

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main thing to be done is to add a dash pad. Thats the one thing that can be seen from the outside which is a glaring omission. I did that and also added a switch plate and put the digital rear-view mirror on the dash. My wip of the Chastain car is over at MCM in the Nascar wip forum. Not that great but at least I tried to do something. Weird how so many things were omitted from the kit which is kind of pricey.
Pat Redmond
Board Moderator

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2023 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashboards are now in the kits starting with the Mustangs.
Files sent from NASCAR to Salvinos JR were from BEFORE the cars took to the track competitively in 2022.
Cars did not have dashboards up to that point.
1320wayne1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2023 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little late in my response but here it is anyways. This is in no way me defending Salvinos for anything but moreover just an honest analysis.

For all of the folks bagging on Salvinos for what they didn't include in the initial kits people should be asking themselves what can I leave out? These new kits do not lend themselves to a lot of extensive detailing, at least not on the inside.
My first build of one I decided to go all out on the detailing. I scratchbuilt the rear oil cooler and plumbed it. I plumbed the transaxle. I added a fuel breather, plumbed the fuel cell and added the rear anti roll bar to the suspension. After doing all of this and continuing with the assembly I discovered that none of this work would be seen.
in order to detail the engine I chose to leave it outside of the car so the work could be seen.
The tight confines of everything on these cars, along with the full bellypan shields so much stuff.
Exterior details work great. Dress up the tires and wheels, add antennas, windshield decals, etc. The final product looks good.

Here are all the things that I have left out on my next few builds.
transaxle
rear axles
fuel filler hose
driveshaft, which is too short anyways
radiator inside the front ductwork
rear shocks/springs

All of these parts can not be seen after final assembly and I'm just adding them to the parts box. The rear bumpers are also not seen but I install these as they aid in lining up the body with the bellypan.

So, for all of the folks saying why didn't they add this or that jusy consider all of the stuff that they did add that really isn't necessary.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Randy Ayers Nascar Modeling Forums Forum Index -> Nascar Modeling Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: